Thread: What grip enhancements do you run? I'm using Agrip...

What grip enhancements do you run? I'm using Agrip...

I just finished up with putting Agrip material on my S&W 3953's grip today. Makes a world of difference.

For those who don't really know what it is, I'm not really sure myself It it a grip enhancement material (overlay), similar to skateboard tape, but much more supple. It almost has a velvety feeling on it.

I've had the Agrip material on my XD-45c for about a year an a half now. Hasn't peeled off anywhere and still offers a very sure, tactile purchase, although the velvety feel disappeared long ago.

I like this material because it works, and works well. When I grab the pistol from the holster, there is no slipping of any kind. Also, their claim that it works even better when you hands are sweaty is indeed true from what I've found. It adds much less thickness than a rubber slip-on grip and preserves the pistols thickness. I haven't noticed a problem with it catching on clothes, either. It doesn't eat up clothes, pants, or holsters. It will go on any carry piece I own. I remember when I first got the XD-45c and having to readjust my grip or grip with much extra pressure once my hands would get a little sweaty a little further into a range session. The Agrip material has significantly reduced that issue.

If you've never heard of it, I'd highly suggest you check it out and make up your own mind about it. I really like it and it also is completely reversible (no permanent modifications to the firearm).

Has anyone else tried Agrip? Would love to hear your comments. Have you tried any other grip enhancements? I'd love to see what others are using.

I currently use skate tape on the front of my Sig and Para. The checkering on the Sig is too fine for my taste and the Para just has vertical lines which I do not like.

As of now I have a strip down the front of each but want to redo it with the entire frontstrap when I buy some more tape.

Grip tape Robb Jensen gave me. Just got rid of the finger grooves on my G19 and pit grip tape where they were. Trying it out today.

I have a roll of 3M Stair Tread tape that I use. I am still on the fence about liking it, but it was cheap enough to not worry. I also use a stippled backstrap.

CTC Mil Specs.

User Tag List