Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 1927282930 LastLast

Thread: Why a shotgun?

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    I found that they shoot terribly in every shotgun I've used them in. 5" groups at 25 yards. Brennekke shoots into 1/2" at the same distance for me.
    I doubt my old eyes can see well enough to take advantage of the difference between 1" and 5" at 25 yards, at least until the command staff lets us use optical sights. (I will probably retire before that happens, if it ever does.) I tried Scattergun Technologies' "ghost ring" sights on a previously-owned shotgun, and did not like them, so I will be using Remington rifle sights, or, if one of my other barrels performs notably better, a mere bead, or FO on a vent rib turkey barrel. Every shotgun barrel is a law unto itself.

Thanks for the heads-up, anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    Just over a year ago I found some Truball on the shelves visiting WI. So I got both the hivel and lower velocity low recoil. The hivel recoil in my light pump was way too brutal for me! And inexplicably it would semi-seize up my pump (it's a late '50's vintage 870). I gave them to somebody that stocks up ammo but never shoots it.
    I got the one ounce slug, at 1350 f.p.s., the only one in stock at GT Distributors in Austin. I also bought the recoil pad adapter for the Magpul SGA stock, so can put a larger recoil pad, made for the 870, on the SGA stock. If I feel the need, I may drive to Briley's, and get one of the weights that mounts at the terminal end of the magazine tube, replacing the stock cap.

I will admit that all slugs, except the "managed recoil" types, are brutal, at least from a stock-weight 870P.
    Last edited by Rex G; 01-11-2017 at 10:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Unobtanium View Post
    Brennekke shoots into 1/2" at the same distance for me.
    Is that even physically possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    You mean because 12 gauge is .690.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Groups are measured from center to center, no?

Quote Originally Posted by Le Français View Post
    Groups are measured from center to center, no?
    Correct. This is how rifles shoot in the .2s.
    Here is a group I shot with Brennekes at 25y from an m1014. Factory ghost rings. Would have been more precise with an optic mayhap.

Last edited by Unobtanium; 01-11-2017 at 10:29 PM.

Why a shotgun?

I know how groups are measured. I was making a joke about how you worded your post -- 0.69" projectile shot into 0.5". Never mind,sorry for the off-topic (and apparently not funny) "humor".

I know how groups are measured. I was making a joke about how you worded your post -- 0.69" projectile shot into 0.5". Never mind,sorry for the off-topic (and apparently not funny) "humor".
    One never can tell online

The word "into" did make me think that that might be what you were driving at.

Tom,

There is nothing funny about shotguns. Shotgun threads should be kept appropriately serious. There are a million other threads you can use as your personal comedy club. Show some decorum, sheesh. :-)
    Easily concealable with no sporting purpose.