Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: H&K MR762

H&K MR762

Teutonic Uber-Gewehr

My H&K MR762 arrived today.
    Before it came in I kept second guessing my decision to spend the H&K premium over buying a Colt 901LE.
    All I can say after holding this rifle in my hands is I have zero regrets.
    If it shoots as good as it looks, that'll just be icing on the cake.

This is hands down the best put together AR pattern rifle I have ever layed my grubby little paws on.
    I have yet to find a single imperfection, every part in it looks like it had the personal attention of someone who actually gave a shit about doing their job right.
    No Bushmaster monkey assembly here.
    The bolt and bolt carrier group look like a work of machinist artwork, even the parts that nobody looks at appear to have had attention.
    I almost expected to find a hand signed card from the artist who put it together somewhere in the box.

Of course it has the typical H&K over engineering, why use 3 parts when you can do the same job with 5?
    Even the take down pins have take down plungers, and there are parts in the trigger group I've yet to figure out their purpose.
    Speaking of the trigger, it feels every bit as good as my Geissele G2S two-stage (and that feels pretty damn good).
    I also think there has to be a block of lead hidden somewhere because this thing has some mass to it, it could stand to lose a pound.
    It weighs the same as my 14.5" AR, Suppressor and Meopta 1x4 scope combined.

I have 500 rounds of ammo and 3 20 round magazines.
    My plan is to zero the Troy irons and give it a good shake down tomorrow.
    I'll have some photos and shooting impressions tomorrow evening.

Last edited by JodyH; 09-19-2014 at 11:08 PM.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

look forward to it jody, looks good man. What optic you gonna put on it?

Just a 1x Leupold Prismatic is the plan.
    I'm wanting this to do the same job my 16" Colt 6920 does, but with more smack and barrier penetration than 5.56 gives me.
    I spend a lot of time out in places where the two legged varmints favorite weapon is the "cuerno de chivo" (aka: AK-47) in 7.62x39 and I was wanting something more than 5.56 offers.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."

I'd consider the Geissele rail to shed some weight.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    It's on my radar.
    I'm also looking at getting the barrel fluted or profiled as well.

The weight isn't obscene like a railed 20" HBAR, but it is noticeable.
    The majority of the time the truck or the UTV will be carrying the weight anyway.
    Maybe I just need to man and moustache up like nyeti.

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    I did not think the Geissele rail was available for the MR762? Only Geissele rails I've ever seen are for the 416/MR556. MR762 rail is still just something they may get to in the future unless something. Has changed recently.

The HK rails are chunky, but they're not that bad. The real weight is all in the barrel and it's uber heavy profile, just like MR556. Reprofiling the barrel made a hugely noticeable difference on my MR556. Marvin Pitts does very good work at this.
    Last edited by Hunter Rose; 09-20-2014 at 07:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hunter Rose View Post
    I did not think the Geissele rail was available for the MR762? Only Geissele rails I've ever seen are for the 416/MR556. Has this changed?

The HK rails are chunky, but they're not that bad. The real weight is all in the barrel and it's uber heavy profile, just like MR556. Reprofiling the barrel made a hugely noticeable difference on my MR556. Marvin Pitts does very good work at this.
    Looks like you're right, no Geissele rails for the MR762.
    #RESIST

H&K makes some nice rifles. A long time ago, before the 1994 AWB, I purchased a brand-spanking-new HK 91, along with a few extra HK 20-round mags and the HK bipod made for the rifle, all for around $750. Like a moron, I sold it shortly after the AWB ban went into effect because someone talked me into it. Needless to say, that is one I wish I never let go.

Good luck with the new stick, look forward to hearing some range reports.

Be careful JodyH you are starting to sound like a fan boy. Next thing you know you'll be complaining about scratches. Seriously though, congrats I'm a bit jealous.

First thing i'm going to do is throw it in a mud hole.
    I've also already scratched it installing a Magpul enhanced trigger guard.
    I'm a ham fisted armorer with Channel-Locks and a hammer.

User Tag List