Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kahr K9

Kahr K9

I've been looking for a good single stack 9mm as a thin alternative CCW and as a pistol to use in the single stack classification in our local CCW matches.
    Brand new Kahr K9 with night sights, let the 2000 round challenge begin.

Last edited by JodyH; 07-18-2011 at 06:16 PM.

We are fond of our CW9's.

My PM9 has been flawless for several thousand rounds as well.
    That was one reason I picked up a K9.
    Another reason is I have zero problems when I go from the H&K LEM trigger to shooting the Kahr trigger, they feel almost identical to me.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Another reason is I have zero problems when I go from the H&K LEM trigger to shooting the Kahr trigger, they feel almost identical to me.
    REALLY?? I've sent Kahr an email or three about making a 12+ shot pistol with their DAO trigger. Might have to check out the H&K LEM. And I just brought home a M&P9 as in about 500 dry fire reps and no live ammo yet.

I am interested in the outcome.

My E9 and K9 have treated me well.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

200 rounds assorted FMJ and 50 rounds of assorted HP downrange with no issues at all.
    50/50@5 yards on the "Dot Torture".
    7.38 sec. FAST drawing from a Kramer #1 1/2 AIWB and reloading from my front pocket (the 3.5 sec. pocket reload was the killer).
    I'll make a 2000 round challenge thread post once I run another 1750 rounds through it.

I'm a fan of Kahr guns. I've had two P series guns in 9mm and .40S&W. I have always wanted to get a K9. I look forward to hearing more about your workouts with this gun. Thanks

I have always liked Kahrs. I would love to have a hi-cap version of the T9.

600 rounds downrange.
    Had to very slightly file the slide stop where it engages the magazine follower. Fat JHP's (Speer Gold Dot 124's) would brush against it and cause premature slide lock.
    After filing away a 10th of an inch or so it's been 100% with 5 different JHP's and all my FMJ's.
    I'm currently carrying it loaded with Winchester PDX1 124gr. +P bonded JHP's, at 10 yards I was able to place 8 into a 2" circle and the recoil is consistent with my Geco 124.gr FMJ practice ammo.

Have started to consistently break 7 seconds on the FAST, leather AIWB under a T-shirt, reloading from my left front pocket.
    8" circle at 7 yards I'm starting to brush up against the 1 sec. draw to hit barrier (5 straight between 1.03 and 1.10) coming from a HighNoon horsehide Hideaway AIWB under a T-shirt.
    My split times are in the .21 to .25 range which is very similar to what I do with my H&K LEM's.

Fully loaded 7+1 the Kahr weighs the same as my P2000Sk loaded 10+1, but in a much slimmer package (at least 3/8" slimmer at the widest point when holstered). The added gun weight really soaks up the recoil and seems to give a more consistent feel from first shot to last. With the Sk, once you started getting into the last few shots it would start to feel top heavy and not having pinky finger room on the grip exacerbated that feeling.
    Of course, losing 3 rounds is the trade off.
    I've started leaving the Sk in the safe and carrying the K9 or the P2000.

So far I'm impressed with how well this compact single stack shoots, and carries.

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    600 rounds downrange.
    Had to very slightly file the slide stop where it engages the magazine follower. Fat JHP's (Speer Gold Dot 124's) would brush against it and cause premature slide lock.
    My PM9 likes Gold Dot 124s just fine, but I've heard others complain about its ogive.

Personally, I wish Kahr made aluminum frames; polymer is not my thing. I thought that the Kimber Covert would be the ticket, but apparently not so much.

User Tag List