Page 54 of 55 FirstFirst ... 44452535455 LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Thought I’d try here since someone on the spyderco thread suggested the Pro-Tech The Don and I don’t want to keep hijacking that thread...
    https://www.bladehq.com/cat--Protech-Don--347

The Don would be great but I’m guessing out of the price range and the folding.. wings? (It’s early forgive my memory) would impede my intended carry spot of IWB string side hip.

So what I’m looking for is a nice looking folder, slim, with some panache, to carry IWB behind strong side hip, that’s hopefully under the $250 mark. Needs to be thin, and pretty reliably stay closed (but not a secondary lock), due to carry location.
    If you have a coin pocket or sub pocket inside of a main pocket it is a great place to carry a folder.

anything smaller than a Delica compromises your ability to use it if it's used for anything other than opening envelopes.(if it may have a tactical use )

The stay close to bias of a lock back is much safer to carry inside the waistband then almost anything else except for a knife with a secondary lock.

Inside the waistband under a belt is not very fast to draw from.

A low-carry pocket clip will make the knife much more discreet.

For your budget you could have two delicas and two low carry Lynch pocket clips.

If you want something that is pimp get a small Sebenza. For double your budget it'll do almost as much as a $70 Delica.

For whatever reason people often suggest knives that they're looking at themselves that have no practical purpose for what they are going to be used for. I am looking at this from the utilitarian purpose of stay closed bias.... slim.... quality materials and great ergonomics.

A 3 inch bladed knife does not freak most people out.

The Pro-Tech Brend 2 is an interesting option, with the deep-hang clip already installed and the auto being a fun addition IMO...
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Protec...o-2-Grey--3240

The Newport is another interesting option, and is one of the thinnest I've found at 0.38"
    https://www.bladehq.com/item--Protec...tomatic--16751

Does the above offend? If you have paid to be here, you can click here to put it in context.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Followup to my post about the pocket clip on my new UTX-85: I should have carried it before ordering the tool. With the as-shipped clip position, I actually find it easier to deploy the knife from the left pocket than from the right. I won't be moving the pocket clip after all.
    CF do you really need the tool to flip the pocket clip or can it be done without it? I am lefty and didn’t order the tool when I ordered the 85.

Found this. Looks like it will work.

https://youtu.be/0fS7UDrCnRw

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    CF do you really need the tool to flip the pocket clip or can it be done without it? I am lefty and didn’t order the tool when I ordered the 85.
    You might be able to do it with vice grips and some rubber to protect the screw. Maybe.

Play with deployment first. I like the standard position for left pocket carry.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by 23JAZ View Post
    I’m a lefty as well. It’s easy to do without the tool if you have a drill. Just stick the glass breaker in the chuck then tighten it up so the glass breaker is in there nice and tight, then rotate the knife until the clip is loose. Do the opposite for installation.

Quote Originally Posted by omega9 View Post
    I’m a lefty as well. It’s easy to do without the tool if you have a drill. Just stick the glass breaker in the chuck then tighten it up so the glass breaker is in there nice and tight, then rotate the knife until the clip is loose. Do the opposite for installation.
    Outstanding. I wish I had thought of that.

Quote Originally Posted by omega9 View Post
    I used this trick and it worked well.
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Quote Originally Posted by Crusader8207 View Post
    I used this trick and it worked well.
    It worked perfectly. I used a microfiber cloth over the glass breaker so as not to scratch it and had it done in 30 seconds. Thanks!

Kizer Swayback folder button mod

The Kizer Swaggs Swayback has become my favorite “Safe for Work” knife. At $75, it’s a good deal as well. My only gripe with it is the button lock button is a little too easy to operate. In a reverse grip tip up, I was able to depress the button and unlock the knife if I had my finger in just the right/wrong place.

Solution: shorten the button by 1.1mm*. Knife now stays closed unless button is pushed by a fingertip.

*This project took a little creative machining because I do not have a lathe. I chucked the button in a hand drill, clamped the drill, and used a file to remove material and bevel. Then polish with emery cloth.

User Tag List