Page 5 of 55 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

I should add that I use a Strider HAK carried round my neck. It's a last-ditch effort tool, and good for not much else.

Other fixed blades that get alot of pocket time are a Graham Razel, a Tom Halloran 3finger, and a Strider SLCC. I'm getting a custom sheath made for the SLCC right now. It should be back in a week or two

Quote Originally Posted by NH Shooter View Post
    Unclipping the knife or CCing??
    You gave the impression that those two were linked, so... yes?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by Haraise View Post
    You gave the impression that those two were linked, so... yes?
    Er, what she said.

You said you unclip the knife when you CC. So how often do you have to do that?
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    I've got a pretty good collection of carry knives but have mostly been carrying a P'Kal or Kershaw Emerson CQC5.

Funny, I've got two of the same knives - the smaller Benchmade HK and old Spyderco Terzuola.

And +2 or whatever on the Micra, always have mine along with a larger blade and sometimes a SAK. If the tools opened from the outside it would be perfect; tried the newer versions that have that but the shape of the tools doesn't seem to work as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    How is it opening the Kershaw-Emerson? I saw the video showing how it opens as you're pulling from your pocket. But I'm a little skeptical. I just picked up a Boker Yurco and like it a lot but I'm used to carrying my Kershaw Blur and I love the Kershaw assisted opening. It feels a little weird carrying a fixed blade after years of carrying a folder.
    It took me a few weeks of practice to get reliable opening in all my pants, and in various positions. The little Kershaw Emerson works surprisingly well if I twist the blade side toward the outside of the pocket. Now, I like it better than my assisted or flipper.

I prefer a tip down, edge in grip, so the P'Kal really shines for that. I had to swap the clip to the left side on the Emerson.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    Funny, I've got two of the same knives - the smaller Benchmade HK and old Spyderco Terzuola.
    Great knives aren't they? The HK Snody is pretty close to perfect for what it is.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

I'd been doing Kershaw Leeks for years, probably bought five of them so far 'cause they keep getting lost or stolen. Great low profile knife, slim and smooth sided so it doesn't take up much space and won't tear your pocket up either. Best assisted opening knife I've ever tried, though my latest one got borrowed/lost/stolen and I've since been using a Benchmade 940. It's sturdier than the Kershaw and keeps an edge better; I mainly use it for cardboard boxes and as a makeshift screwdriver and the thing holds up incredibly well. I felt like I'd baby the Kershaws but I pretty much abuse the 940 and it does just fine.

Also nice that I live about 15 minutes from Benchmade so I can get it cleaned, fixed, or sharpened on my lunch break if I wanted to.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Er, what she said.

You said you unclip the knife when you CC. So how often do you have to do that?
    I can only remember unclipping the knife once when carrying.

I like my green Swiss army knife and use it a lot. I also carry a Socom Elite that I bought back in 2000 . Its held up pretty well other than breaking coil spring. I'm pretty easy on my knives now a days.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    I'd been doing Kershaw Leeks for years, probably bought five of them so far 'cause they keep getting lost or stolen. Great low profile knife, slim and smooth sided so it doesn't take up much space and won't tear your pocket up either. Best assisted opening knife I've ever tried, though my latest one got borrowed/lost/stolen and I've since been using a Benchmade 940. It's sturdier than the Kershaw and keeps an edge better; I mainly use it for cardboard boxes and as a makeshift screwdriver and the thing holds up incredibly well. I felt like I'd baby the Kershaws but I pretty much abuse the 940 and it does just fine.

Also nice that I live about 15 minutes from Benchmade so I can get it cleaned, fixed, or sharpened on my lunch break if I wanted to.
    I like the Leeks but I hate assisted side openers.

User Tag List