Page 49 of 55 FirstFirst ... 394748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

I know that Chris had very strong feelings about the lock based upon his chosen method of using the knife...both in terms of grip and implementation. The flush liner lock works best for his vision.

I've never discussed with Sal whether Chris had any input on the Military. Frankly, though I love the Military, I don't think of it as a "hard use" knife. Great for cutting / slicing...but not for potential abuse.

I liked Al Mar's SERE 2000 but unlike my friend Jeff Randall, felt that it was too heavy a knife for what it offered. The frame was overly heavy imho.

My close friend Jerry Halfrich would design his shadow patterned knives to the point where the blade would snap before the frame / pivot would give, allowing those particular knives to be very light and strong. He also builds beefy patterns...but because he likes them rather than because they are required.

I think the reason why the traditional Japanese tanto, (not the Americanized tanto pattern), and Scandinavian pattern knives work so well is that they meld both strength and cutting ability in a simple format. Is it any wonder they have withstood the test of time and have so much in common?

There may be no "best" knife, but there are some awesome patterns approaching "balance".
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Couple of custom knives...

Enrique Peña:

Name:  Lanny's Clip Mahagony Jigged Bone.jpg
Views: 658
Size:  55.9 KB

Jerry Halfrich:

Name:  Halfrich Bulldog.jpg
Views: 652
Size:  74.3 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Name:  2B9FB279-0F75-455D-A372-A348909317AD.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  91.7 KB
    Picked up a new off duty carry blade...Hoback A-8 slimline, it’s really nice.

Site Supporter
    Blade Ops is offering a waved Spyderco PM2. I'm not a huge fan of the PM2 but the more waved offerings the better.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_NsHVyA...d=fxw5zrpasbdr

https://bladeops.com/para-military-2...dge-exclusive/

Since we’re talking “tactical”. Here’s one from The Godfather. Reinforced nylon ATCF and a K5 blazer. I bet a few would understand the connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Crashpad View Post
    Blade Ops is offering a waved Spyderco PM2. I'm not a huge fan of the PM2 but the more waved offerings the better.

https://www.instagram.com/p/B_NsHVyA...d=fxw5zrpasbdr

https://bladeops.com/para-military-2...dge-exclusive/
    that's pretty cool. I was unaware of that model.

Last edited by rob_s; 04-21-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post
    Since we’re talking “tactical”. Here’s one from The Godfather. Reinforced nylon ATCF and a K5 blazer. I bet a few would understand the connection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Dont understand it ( godfather part ) and could stand to be educated Thats a sharp looking knife.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by UNK View Post
    Dont understand it ( godfather part ) and could stand to be educated Thats a sharp looking knife.
    Bob Terzuola is referred to, by many, as the godfather of the tactical folding knife. Blues would be the one to ask for opinion there. The knife model is the ATCF (advanced technology combat folder) and was first introduced in 1985, IIRC. The CF reinforced nylon handles were introduced later, and to demonstrate the strength of this new material, Bob built a knife and drove over it with his K5 Blazer.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    that's pretty cool. I was unaware of that model.

i LOVE bottle openers....

A little training time with Girl#2...
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List