Page 45 of 55 FirstFirst ... 354344454647 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

Quote Originally Posted by If1HitU View Post
    Buck 110 & Case xx Shark.

Attachment 50658
    I've always liked the Buck 110's as a good general purpose knife. How does the Shark compare? I'm liking the look of it a lot.
    Last edited by Half Moon; 04-04-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Some comments in rifles and semi-autos got me thinking of this word association game.

Colt 6920, Aimpoint, Surefire, Glock 19, [enter knife name here].

Any takers? Interested to see others thoughts. This is by no means saying any of the above or the suggested knife are "best evar". Just thought it would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    Some comments in rifles and semi-autos got me thinking of this word association game.

Any takers? Interested to see others thoughts. This is by no means saying any of the above or the suggested knife are "best evar". Just thought it would be interesting.
    How about:
    Spyderco Delica
    Benchmade Griptilian
    Clinch Pick
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    How about:
    Spyderco Delica
    Benchmade Griptilian
    Clinch Pick
    I would have have to add a subcategory to include the Strider DB and:_____
    Strider SNG
    Delica
    Sebenza 21

I could live with any of those paired with the DB, in that order. Once I read about the DB's design philosophy from Bolke and tried it, it's tough to not have the "destructo" capability. The DB's profile doesn't lend itself to the one knife role, but it's the first knife I'd grab if limited to only one.
    It doesn’t have to be fun to be fun ― Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    I would have have to add a subcategory to include the Strider DB and:_____
    Strider SNG
    Delica
    Sebenza 21

I could live with any of those paired with the DB, in that order. Once I read about the DB's design philosophy from Bolke and tried it, it's tough to not have the "destructo" capability. The DB's profile doesn't lend itself to the one knife role, but it's the first knife I'd grab if limited to only one.
    The DB is a shitty knife but an outstanding tool, though I prefer the slightly longer DB-L.

I dont know if anyone is interested but Case has a few knifes out with pocket clip.
    Name:  0B499336-244C-4D42-94C5-E67457ECEF1A.jpg
Views: 395
Size:  46.2 KB
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post

I was just thinking last night about what would be the G19 of folding knives..... I’d say my top contenders (taking price into consideration) would be:

Spyderco Delica
    Benchmade Mini Griptillian
    Spyderco Para 3 Lightweight

While I would love to throw in a recommendation for the Paramilitary 2 or the Manix 2 or the 940 Osbourne or something like that, the fact is those are more expensive and larger than the 3 I’ve listed. They’re more like, I dunno, a Beretta 92 Elite than a G19.

So I think the three listed, all with blades of ~3” and available for ~$100 or less fit the idea of a G19 equivalent knife fairly well.

My first "real" knife was a Buck 110, given to me by my father...it's probably the last one I'd carry now, but it's also the last one I'd part with. My first "modern" knife was a Spyderco Delica--I think what is referred to as a Gen 3. The combination of the clip, opener hole, lightweight FRN handle, and serrated blade was a true game changer. Unfortunately I snapped the tip off (a weakness of that generation) prying open a munition container on deployment...it finished the tour with me, though, and it's in the drawer with the Buck for keeps. Memories!

I've got a mini Grip that is a great knife, but usually carrying some version of Spyderco these days.
    Last edited by Gater; 04-05-2020 at 08:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gater View Post
    My first "real" knife was a Buck 110, given to me by my father...it's probably the last one I'd carry now, but it's also the last one I'd part with. My first "modern" knife was a Spyderco Delica--I think what is referred to as a Gen 3. The combination of the clip, opener hole, lightweight FRN handle, and serrated blade was a true game changer. Unfortunately I snapped the tip off (a weakness of that generation) prying open a munition container on deployment...it finished the tour with me, though, and it's in the drawer with the Buck for keeps. Memories!

I've got a mini Grip that is a great knife, but usually carrying some version of Spyderco these days.
    My first "real" knife was also a Buck 110 passed down to me from my great grandfather. I never carry it either but it will follow me into the grave. Seems like there's a lot of sentimental Bucks out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    How about:
    Spyderco Delica
    Benchmade Griptilian
    Clinch Pick
    I would say the Delica is pretty close to the perfect knife for most things.

I could be perfectly happy if I only had Delicas as my pocket knives for the rest of my life.

For a fixed blade, a Clinch Pick would be great for martial purposes, but if it was going to be just one fixed blade for now and forever, I'd probably opt for something in the ESEE 4 or Mora Kansbol or Garberg - something with a ~4" blade and full-tang construction made of a high-carbon steel.

User Tag List