Thread: Pocket knives

Quote Originally Posted by StraitR View Post
    I like that. What is it?
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Looks like an Emerson Persian/PTC.
    Correct
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Love the Emerson Persian. I honestly think that it and the Gentleman Jim are the two best folder designs they have put out. The M- series was also awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Irelander View Post
    I like that. What is it?
    Sorry, missed this. Tom is correct. I was playing with the app Snapseed and removed the logo/serial# to see what a sterile blade would look like.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Looks like an Emerson Persian/PTC.
    Thanks for picking up my slack, Tom.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Correct
    And thanks for confirming.

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    Love the Emerson Persian. I honestly think that it and the Gentleman Jim are the two best folder designs they have put out. The M- series was also awesome.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Agreed. I really like the pokey, pointy, murdery looking Emerson models. I'll add to your list, the Kwaiken and Hattin. Both of which, much like the Persian, can be quite hard to come by. I really want a Kwaiken. Emerson recently did a small run of Persians, and I happen to get lucky and be paying attention to my emails when they sent out the notification.

And, pic for the thread...

Last edited by StraitR; 07-25-2017 at 06:51 PM.

Site Supporter
    I really want a Kwaiken.
    Am I looking at the wrong maker?
    https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_n...%2Ck%3AKwaiken
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    Yes. Those are Boker knives, which may be nice but not near the quality of an Emerson.
    Jesus paid a debt he did not owe,
    Because I owed a debt I could not pay.

Agreed. I really like the pokey, pointy, murdery looking Emerson models. I'll add to your list, the Kwaiken and Hattin. Both of which, much like the Persian, can be quite hard to come by. I really want a Kwaiken. Emerson recently did a small run of Persians, and I happen to get lucky and be paying attention to my emails when they sent out the notification.
    I have a Hattin and I find it unnecesserally heavy, the Persian (I have a couple) just moves easily and nicely in the hand.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    I have a Hattin and I find it unnecesserally heavy, the Persian (I have a couple) just moves easily and nicely in the hand.
    The Hattin looks like a monster, but I've never handled one. The Kwaiken looks much more svelte, like a tactical steak knife or something. Agree on the Persian, and it's definitely the most "weapon" oriented blade I own. The overall size and scariness kind of surprised me, actually. haha

The Hattin looks like a monster, but I've never handled one. The Kwaiken looks much more svelte, like a tactical steak knife or something. Agree on the Persian, and it's definitely the most "weapon" oriented blade I own. The overall size and scariness kind of surprised me, actually. haha
    It is sort of a monster; mostly, it's thick and the blade is shorter than that of the Persian (IIRC, because I feel lazy about going through my folders to find it). It's a good knife, mind you, but in the curved/pointy/stabby/slashy category, the Persian is better IMO. For all it's large size when opened, it doesn't feel that way when handled and when closed, it's as easy to carry as Spyderco PM2. Definitely one of my favorites.

I've only seen pics of the Kwaiken and it looks like something I'd want.
    Last edited by Wondering Beard; 07-26-2017 at 05:51 PM. Reason: Wrote something incorrect.

Spyderco Yojimbo 2 S90V sprint run

“There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List