Page 16 of 55 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

For fancy dress, I sometimes carry one of these two:

Name:  Crawford Kasper Folder, mine.jpg
Views: 842
Size:  99.3 KB
    Crawford Kasper folder (photo taken at the knife show where I bought it)

Name:  Emerson CQC45, custom mine, right side.jpg
Views: 812
Size:  63.8 KB
    Custom Emerson CQC45 (bad old IPhone photo)

Here's a new collaboration from Jason Brous...looks pretty good
    Last edited by WDW; 12-11-2015 at 12:06 AM.

As a few others have admitted, I'm a bit of a knife hoarder...however, the ones I actually carry are pictured below.
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1449871731360.jpg
Views: 703
Size:  52.7 KB
    L-R:
    -Benchmade SOCP, acid-washed to darken it after I partially stripped the finish while sharpening it all the way (it only comes with about 3/4" of the tip sharpened).
    -Clinch pick
    -Old Endura from before they offered them with a wave. This clip design beats the pants off the new ones with the frigging tiny screws.
    -Spyderco Superleaf, probably my favorite Spydie ever in terms of ergonomics and overall design. I really like the pinky-hook and the deep choil on the handle; I'm just not a fan of the choil on the blade.
    -Kerahaw/Emerson cqc-6, a new addition that I bought because they were on sale for $25 and I wanted to try one out...so far it's pretty slick. It waves out of the pocket into forward grip pretty easily. It takes more work than the any of the Spydercos to wave out of a front pocket into reverse grip due to the smaller hook. Still, it'd be a heckuva bang for your buck at twice the price.
    -Spyderco P'kal
    -Newer Delica that I used as a first attempt at acid-etching. I think it came out pretty good.

Here's a shot of the other side:
    Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1449872369056.jpg
Views: 712
Size:  66.1 KB

The SOCP and Endura are my on-duty knives, along with a Cold steel Safekeeper III push-dagger (the stubby one).

The rest of the time it's the clinch pick worn centerline plus whichever one of the folders fits best with my wardrobe.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    Last edited by KenpoTex; 12-11-2015 at 05:32 PM. Reason: Cell phone auto-correct
    "Will this work so that I can use it instinctively in vital combat against an opponent who is determined to prevent me from doing so, and who is striving to eliminate me by fair means or foul?" ~ Col. Rex Applegate

Dude, that etching job on the Spyderco looks pretty good!
    The only thing worse than arrogance is false humility.

Quote Originally Posted by 41magfan View Post
    Dude, that etching job on the Spyderco looks pretty good!
    Thanks, I saw a bunch on USN that folks had done so I decided to try my hand. One of these days I'll get around to trying a more structured design or logo.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
    "Will this work so that I can use it instinctively in vital combat against an opponent who is determined to prevent me from doing so, and who is striving to eliminate me by fair means or foul?" ~ Col. Rex Applegate

I decided I needed to get back into the habit of carrying a pocket knife. I've used the Clinch Pick a few too many times as a utility tool.

Ghetto wave on the trainer since the waved version is apparently discontinued. Swap the clip to the left side and the knife opens pretty handily into reverse grip/edge out orientation, so it can double as a defensive tool as well. So far I'm happy with it.

Site Supporter
    I quit carrying a knife after I was assigned to IA and had two jails to do interviews in daily.
    Our bosses do not want knife clips visible when in uniform. I am back in uniform now and need to go through my small stash of knives and figure out what would work.

Quote Originally Posted by deputyG23 View Post
    I quit carrying a knife after I was assigned to IA and had two jails to do interviews in daily.
    Our bosses do not want knife clips visible when in uniform. I am back in uniform now and need to go through my small stash of knives and figure out what would work.
    I don't know what's in your pockets, but the Raven/MDTS pocket shield with a knife clipped on it works well for keeping the clip off the pocket while still keeping the knife in a consistent place.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ssb View Post
    I don't know what's in your pockets, but the Raven/MDTS pocket shield with a knife clipped on it works well for keeping the clip off the pocket while still keeping the knife in a consistent place.
    Thanks for the suggestion. I went back in uniform in October and went out in mid December with a back issue. I have time to figure out a lot of things right now...
    Last edited by deputyG23; 01-13-2016 at 12:30 PM.

You can easily just clip your folder to your pants (aiwb) behind your duty belt.
    This would allow you to easily access the folder and keep it hidden.

User Tag List