Page 47 of 55 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I have the large and small AFCK in M2. One of my all-time favorite production knives and carried a bunch both on and off the job.

Made even better because the co-designer was Chris Caracci, (former SEAL Team 6 member and Ft. Lauderdale P.D.), who was one of my first SWAT school instructors in the late 80's.

I have a bit of an issue with comfortably manipulating the smaller AFCK...but I still love it. (Probably from some thumb injuries over the years.)
    I have one in D2 i think. Wish they still made it.
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    The lunatics are running the asylum

I have the large and small AFCK in M2. One of my all-time favorite production knives and carried a bunch both on and off the job.

Made even better because the co-designer was Chris Caracci, (former SEAL Team 6 member and Ft. Lauderdale P.D.), who was one of my first SWAT school instructors in the late 80's.

I have a bit of an issue with comfortably manipulating the smaller AFCK...but I still love it. (Probably from some thumb injuries over the years.)
    The AFCK is one of those knives that I really regret not trying before they were gone. Still kicking myself for that one.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    I've probably mentioned this elsewhere in this thread, but that kind of nostalgia really makes me want one of these
    Attachment 51400

and one of these to carry it in.
    Attachment 51401
    Name:  Memories - Copy.jpg
Views: 403
Size:  100.0 KB

Rode hard and put away wet. Distressed sheath at no extra cost.

https://www.buckknives.com/about-knives/how-old/

I've thought about sending the Delica in to have the tip reground, but I think I'm going to leave it that way.

Site Supporter

This is the one model that I wish Benchmade would resurrect. A fixed blade version would be even better.

The axis lock AFCK is the perfect knife. Spyderco’s thumb hole (superior to the thumb stud) and Benchmade’s axis lock (best locking mechanism on the market). Same thing that makes the Griptillian so great, although they need to offer the Griptillian with a factory skinny-scales option.

However, the melding of the two different patents means I doubt it will be made again.

I’d prefer them not made out of any knifefag steel, no serrations, no wonky hipster scales... I’ll allow for a black coated blade but that’s it.

Not my knife, not my pic. Although I may actually have one floating around somewhere.
    Name:  9BCFE3FA-A533-4709-A242-ADEC0C34F09D.jpeg
Views: 385
Size:  84.2 KB

I met the axis lock creators, McHenry and Williams, at the Blade Show many years ago before the lock went into production. Hung around with them over a drink or two while they showed me some working prototypes.

I thereafter bought a few axis lock models and prototypes over the years but the funny thing is, though I like the knives, especially my M2 models, I don't tend to carry them...but for the Pardue with the aluminum handle. Go figure.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I have an Osbourne designed Benchmade with Axis lock, reverse tanto blade, and aluminum scales. It was supposed to replace the AFCK but I carried it for a while but the reverse tanto and aluminum scales were a no go for me.

That AFCK that Rob showed is the grail!

in its day the AFCK was a big step up but today a PM2 or any of BM's 70 exact same blade shape and handle knives would likely be as good or better.

it is like the folks who bow to the gen 2 g19. If it was still available how many would really sell compared to gen 5?

Quote Originally Posted by Navin Johnson View Post
    in its day the AFCK was a big step up but today a PM2 or any of BM's 70 exact same blade shape and handle knives would likely be as good or better.

it is like the folks who bow to the gen 2 g19. If it was still available how many would really sell compared to gen 5?
    I've got PM2's, Shaman, Police 4, Military, Manix 2 etc. I still love the AFCK in M2. I don't have to decide if it is better or not.

I still like the ZT 0550 as well, despite having later incarnations of Hinderer's designs and flippers.

There is no best. There's a whole lot of adequate, good, and even great.

Oh, and I like my Gen 2 and 2.5 Glocks. (Though I like my Gen 4 as well.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

My favorite EDC. ZT 0620 Emerson Elmax
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

User Tag List