Page 33 of 55 FirstFirst ... 23313233343543 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Yeah. Those lists are pretty much useless even though I like a few of the knives. Maybe they should stick to impact drivers.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Can't remember if I posted this one. It's been my daily companion since I got it: my Grayman Dua.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Yeah. Those lists are pretty much useless even though I like a few of the knives. Maybe they should stick to impact drivers.
    Agreed.
    Nothing loses me faster than talking about how sharp a knife is. Basically like commenting on how clean a new car's windshield is.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Those lists are all about getting you to click on a link (which then sets a cookie on Amazon or another retailer) and generating affiliate revenue for the publisher. It's more about revenue that it is about helping readers get good gear.

Disclaimer: I post links to Amazon on PF. Those links occasionally generate affiliate revenue. I try to limit the links I post to things I think our membership would find useful or otherwise appreciate.
    I dunno, Tom, I never felt that you abused the system...

"Use the provided Amazon and Brownell's links. Use the links..."

Last edited by blues; 04-25-2017 at 01:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    My son and I like things like food, running water, and electricity as much as the next guy.
    Name:  51-0787.jpg
Views: 606
Size:  35.6 KB

"Don't worry son. Someday we're gonna hit the big time. Just you wait and see. Then you won't get gypsum in your stocking for Christmas ever again. I promise."

Last edited by blues; 04-25-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Vending Machine Operator

Pocket knives

Kind of a cheapo by this thread's standards, but this is my new Kershaw Blur, standard Sandvik 14C28N, stonewash finish; handle is 6061-T6 anodized aluminum. I had bought the pricier S30V variant for my girlfriend and was impressed with the build quality at the price point of about $70. This one has the same build quality and the same great aluminum/skateboard tape grips, just a cheaper blade steel. Only ran me $56. Made in USA is a nice bonus.

I have and love my Benchmade Mini-Griptilian, but it's just a little too small for my hands. I cannot quite afford a full size Griptilian or Barrage at this point in time.

For $56, I have a favorable first impression of the Blur. American made, very sharp, solid build quality, fantastic assisted release (energetic but not easy to accidentally trigger, which is why I had to retire my CRKT Tiny Tighe Breaker years ago). The steel is not high end, but is comfortable middle-end, and the knife is made in the U.S. Oregon, I think?

Anyway, I am happy with it. Comfortable, larger knife that rides very nicely clipped inside my pocket just like the Benchmade mini-grip but fits my medium-large hands a touch better.

If I have any gripes so far, it's that the part of the top strap where your thumb rests (I think I heard it called the "bolster" once but who knows), sorta where the top "butt" of the blade transitions to the handle on a folder, is not tractioned enough. There is texturing but it doesn't hold your thumb well. A minor but honest gripe, and I do not expect absolute perfection from a $56 knife.

Link to what I bought exactly [I am in no way affiliated with Kershaw or Amazon, this is purely to share information]: https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...89c4287c301ef7

You may now return to your limited edition knives made by ancient weaponmasters, that is my humble contribution.

Edit: just for kicks, size comparison with a Benchmade Mini Grip

Last edited by LockedBreech; 04-25-2017 at 09:26 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

2004 HD7. had I known they would be worth some money today, I'd have beat on something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    Agreed.
    Nothing loses me faster than talking about how sharp a knife is. Basically like commenting on how clean a new car's windshield is.
    It's all fun and games until a maker sends you a new knife that hasn't even been sharpened. I've also been given a new rental car that barfed some sort of weird, viscous frost all over the windshield on start up one time. I take nothing for granted.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    It's all fun and games until a maker sends you a new knife that hasn't even been sharpened. I've also been given a new rental car that barfed some sort of weird, viscous frost all over the windshield on start up one time. I take nothing for granted.
    Exactly.
    It's the failure of the expected that is remarkable, not the opposite.
    Director Of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company

User Tag List