Page 44 of 55 FirstFirst ... 34424344454654 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

Site Supporter
    Learned something else about the deep carry clip: at least part of the loss of reliable drawing and opening has been the screws hanging up on the lip of the pocket, depending on exactly how the knife is drawn. Rotating the knife so that the wave is oriented slightly outward seems to mitigate the issue. However, a standard clip eliminates this mode of failure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Site Supporter
    Tried one of the Waved Delicas with the deep carry clips with dress slacks today. Due to differences on the way the pockets are made, it worked quite well. Unlike jeans, there is nothing at the lipmof the pocket to snag the screws on the way out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Well, I failed. Instead of buying a gentleman's knife. I discovered that the Spyderco Kahr-edition Delicas were back in production (at least in khaki). So, I bought one, because I was kind of bummed I missed out on the first run of the Kahr Delicas. That said, I'm going to wait on the MKMs to drop and pick up one of the Terzuolas. I'm also waiting for Prometheus Design Werx to bring back the Badger next year, that'll be a nice knife.

Name:  C11KAKH_M.jpg
Views: 722
Size:  59.2 KB

Site Supporter
    After the TSA lost my travel folder last week, I picked up this OKC RAT (original size) to replace it. For $27 I'm impressed. Solid lock up, very smooth deployment, sharp out of the box, 4-position clip, good steel. I have preferred a deep pocket clip, but I'm liking the higher ride of this one. It keeps the knife from jamming against my thigh when I get in the car, and my shirts are long enough to cover it anyway.

Click image for Amazon link.

Name:  41XAQZq1XwL._AC_SX425_.jpg
Views: 538
Size:  13.9 KB
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    After the TSA lost my travel folder last week, I picked up this OKC RAT (original size) to replace it. For $27 I'm impressed. Solid lock up, very smooth deployment, sharp out of the box, 4-position clip, good steel. I have preferred a deep pocket clip, but I'm liking the higher ride of this one. It keeps the knife from jamming against my thigh when I get in the car, and my shirts are long enough to cover it anyway.
    I've had the D2 version for quite a while now. Both versions are a lot of knife for the money, you can even get the AUS8 version at Wal-Mart in most places should you lose yours. I installed a Benchmade clip on mine to allow it to ride deeply in the pocket.

Chris

Jeff (Randall) was always a big fan of Al Mar's SERE 2000 knife going back several years because of its heavy duty construction. You can see the lineage.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I've had the D2 version for quite a while now. Both versions are a lot of knife for the money, you can even get the AUS8 version at Wal-Mart in most places should you lose yours. I installed a Benchmade clip on mine to allow it to ride deeply in the pocket.

Chris
    I'm going to give this clip a try for a while... I prefer the concealment of a deeper clip, but this one riding higher is definitely more comfortable.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post

Chris
    These knives are outstanding.

I've had the AUS8 as a daily care for a year or so now. I can't find a bad thing about it. I wear it everywhere. Work, range, even snorkeling. It's been great.

Name:  decattle2.jpg
Views: 730
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  Oeser.jpg
Views: 720
Size:  100.7 KB
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Buck 110 & Case xx Shark.

Name:  79894497_2640358036042922_1354656436327546880_n.jpg
Views: 641
Size:  55.4 KB