Page 46 of 49 FirstFirst ... 364445464748 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I've had the D2 version for quite a while now. Both versions are a lot of knife for the money, you can even get the AUS8 version at Wal-Mart in most places should you lose yours. I installed a Benchmade clip on mine to allow it to ride deeply in the pocket.

Chris
    I'm going to give this clip a try for a while... I prefer the concealment of a deeper clip, but this one riding higher is definitely more comfortable.
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    I've had the D2 version for quite a while now. Both versions are a lot of knife for the money, you can even get the AUS8 version at Wal-Mart in most places should you lose yours. I installed a Benchmade clip on mine to allow it to ride deeply in the pocket.

Chris
    These knives are outstanding.

I've had the AUS8 as a daily care for a year or so now. I can't find a bad thing about it. I wear it everywhere. Work, range, even snorkeling. It's been great.

Name:  decattle2.jpg
Views: 471
Size:  103.9 KB

Name:  Oeser.jpg
Views: 466
Size:  100.7 KB
    "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." - John Stuart Mill, 1867

Buck 110 & Case xx Shark.

Name:  79894497_2640358036042922_1354656436327546880_n.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  55.4 KB

Quote Originally Posted by If1HitU View Post
    Buck 110 & Case xx Shark.

Name:  79894497_2640358036042922_1354656436327546880_n.jpg
Views: 344
Size:  55.4 KB
    I've always liked the Buck 110's as a good general purpose knife. How does the Shark compare? I'm liking the look of it a lot.
    Last edited by Half Moon; 04-04-2020 at 11:21 AM.

Some comments in rifles and semi-autos got me thinking of this word association game.

Colt 6920, Aimpoint, Surefire, Glock 19, [enter knife name here].

Any takers? Interested to see others thoughts. This is by no means saying any of the above or the suggested knife are "best evar". Just thought it would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by tlong17I View Post
    Some comments in rifles and semi-autos got me thinking of this word association game.

Colt 6920, Aimpoint, Surefire, Glock 19, [enter knife name here].

Any takers? Interested to see others thoughts. This is by no means saying any of the above or the suggested knife are "best evar". Just thought it would be interesting.
    How about:
    Spyderco Delica
    Benchmade Griptilian
    Clinch Pick
    "BJJ is sort of like nonconsensual yoga"
    "You don’t really graduate from certain problems or certain things… like you always have to work on trigger control and pulling the trigger straight. " --Ben Stoeger 1/24/2018

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    How about:
    Spyderco Delica
    Benchmade Griptilian
    Clinch Pick
    I would have have to add a subcategory to include the Strider DB and:_____
    Strider SNG
    Delica
    Sebenza 21

I could live with any of those paired with the DB, in that order. Once I read about the DB's design philosophy from Bolke and tried it, it's tough to not have the "destructo" capability. The DB's profile doesn't lend itself to the one knife role, but it's the first knife I'd grab if limited to only one.
    Strap on the Nitro ― Mark Twight

Quote Originally Posted by Doublestack45 View Post
    I would have have to add a subcategory to include the Strider DB and:_____
    Strider SNG
    Delica
    Sebenza 21

I could live with any of those paired with the DB, in that order. Once I read about the DB's design philosophy from Bolke and tried it, it's tough to not have the "destructo" capability. The DB's profile doesn't lend itself to the one knife role, but it's the first knife I'd grab if limited to only one.
    The DB is a shitty knife but an outstanding tool, though I prefer the slightly longer DB-L.

I dont know if anyone is interested but Case has a few knifes out with pocket clip.
    Name:  0B499336-244C-4D42-94C5-E67457ECEF1A.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  46.2 KB
    uneducated and low information
    I'll wager you a PF dollar™ 😎
    He needed a healthy dose of bonded bullets. LSP552

User Tag List