Page 39 of 55 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    I have the 0562 with G10 scale as my daily work horse. Great folder!
    The 0550 plays that role in my EDC regimen.

(I have an 0551 as well, slight change of G10 pattern and Elmax rather than S35VN.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I do love Benchmade's newest version of the Griptillian as well. The original was a great budget /higher end knife. The new version is more than double the price but is far more than double the value.

Name:  gripv2.02.jpg
Views: 536
Size:  59.9 KB
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Pocket knives

I do love Benchmade's newest version of the Griptillian as well. ...
    I’ve been carrying a 551 Mini Griptilian I was gifted (thanks again @LSP552!) for a couple years now.

It’s been back to Benchmade once for a free sharpening, otherwise perfect. No issues and the blade steel and size work very well for me.

I’m a lefty and swapped the clip over. I use it all the time for all kinds of things.

I looked at the 551-1 and am hard pressed to spend the $ on the upgrade, nice as it looks.

Last edited by RJ; 02-21-2018 at 07:41 AM.

Nice knife, Rich. @LSP552 is a generous man in word and deed. We're fortunate to have him as a friend.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Nice knife, Rich. @LSP552 is a generous man in word and deed. We're fortunate to have him as a friend.
    Yes he is.

His generosity is pretty much what kicked off the Karma Sub Forum here. I’m glad that random act of kindness was able to be amplified many times over.

We need more of that in the World.

"You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

I do love Benchmade's newest version of the Griptillian as well. The original was a great budget /higher end knife. The new version is more than double the price but is far more than double the value.
    Being a long-time griptillian fan myself, what makes the new version worth twice as much? If it's just materials, what makes those materials better?

It's a subjective value for sure.

I have had a Grip mini and and a full size Grip for many years and they have done everything I needed them to do perfectly. They just don't "feel" like a quality knife. The new series is definitely more robust even if the original was more than functional. The newer version is, I believe just a tad slimmer than the original and that may account for some of the touchy/feely difference I perceive. But, in the end the upgraded scale material and blade steel are truly the only significant differences.

As I've said before, I rarely even come close to paying retail prices for my knives. I am absolutely positive that this jades my opinion. I probably would not have bought either the new ZT or the Grip 2 if I'd had to pay full retail for them.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

I’m carrying the Benchmade Bugout, I hate the name but really like the knife. It replaced a Benchmade 530 that had been my edc for last several years. Both are ultra thin and light which is important to me for carry in slacks. I went to the Bugout over the 530 because I felt the blue handle and blade profile was a little more friendly to use at a Fortune 500.

Name:  FAAEB476-0409-45C1-97BD-AB5755092DF0.jpg
Views: 664
Size:  42.3 KBName:  CD06C8A0-32D8-4A0E-8B22-63CEAE82CF5E.jpg
Views: 636
Size:  35.4 KB

I don’t know if it’s just me but I don’t love Benchmade’s new blade shape.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

User Tag List