Page 41 of 55 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351 ... LastLast

Thread: Pocket knives

Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    “Out of stock”

Phew!

No kidneys needed.
    I've got an 0560 that hasn't see my pocket, since I got my Slicer...

I gotta warn you though, it's a big boy!
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

I was at a match today and asked about a guy's cool-looking knife. It was a Quartermaster QSE-5, sort of a Sebenza clone. The knife was a complete mess. The pivot was loose, and the frame lock was misaligned and not solid. He had it only for a couple years. I guess what they say about Quartermaster is true...
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Site Supporter
    Clips - I've had the plastic Spyderco's break, the metal Spyderco's break and the Surefire clips break. I found that the stainless Spyderco clips to be more substantial have traded out the black one for those.

Quote Originally Posted by Bratch View Post
    I’m carrying the Benchmade Bugout, I hate the name but really like the knife. It replaced a Benchmade 530 that had been my edc for last several years. Both are ultra thin and light which is important to me for carry in slacks. I went to the Bugout over the 530 because I felt the blue handle and blade profile was a little more friendly to use at a Fortune 500.

Attachment 23997Attachment 23998
    God I want this with a spyderco hole instead of the stud.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Clips - I've had the plastic Spyderco's break, the metal Spyderco's break and the Surefire clips break. I found that the stainless Spyderco clips to be more substantial have traded out the black one for those.
    I also am good at bending and breaking clips. On my Wegner, which is probably my favorite knife, I actually tore the screws out and stripped the holes (directly tapped into the G10 — these were the salad days). When it happens, I gather up all my other spydercos and throw them into a box and off to Golden. It’s never cost me more than ten bucks to get a clip fixed and a mess of knives sharpened.

Quote Originally Posted by JAD View Post
    I also am good at bending and breaking clips...
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    https://mxggear.com/collections/spyderco
    ”But in the end all of these ideas just manufacture new criminals when the problem isn't a lack of criminals.” -JRB

Site Supporter
    I keep a few extra pocket clips around for my Delicas and Enduras. They are inexpensive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

Name:  20181118_105228.jpg
Views: 723
Size:  17.6 KB

Name:  20181118_105138.jpg
Views: 701
Size:  15.4 KB

Name:  20181118_105156.jpg
Views: 708
Size:  14.8 KB

Name:  20181118_105159.jpg
Views: 693
Size:  15.6 KB

New spyderco kapara. Instant favorite. Slim, perfect size, finger choil, spyderhole, and my first experience with the wire clip, which is great. I always thought it looked cheap but now it's my favorite. Comparison with my mini crooked river. Definitely my two favorite folders and quality representatives of solid production folding knives.
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Sidheshooter View Post
    I love the titanium deep carry mxgear clips. Much better than the Spyderco clips.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay23 View Post
    I love the titanium deep carry mxgear clips. Much better than the Spyderco clips.
    Just ordered a couple for my Waved Delicas.

A powder coat should be more durable than the black paint on the Spyderco clips, and the advantages of deep carry are obvious.

User Tag List