Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Trigger finger placement

Unless it slipped here in some posts I missed, I still haven't heard a great explanation as to why the Glock, in particular, is so sensitive to trigger placement?

Yesterday, with a Glock 17, I was consistently having shots go to the right edge of a one inch square at 7 and 10 yards. Big hole group, but slightly right. My reaction was, as a right hand shooter, I needed more finger on the trigger? At 25, staying on the head, but slightly right of center.

Or, my finger placement is actually right now, and I now need a slight rear sight correction. I have shot this particular pistol extensively at 25-100, and worked hard to get the rear sight set correctly, which argues against this. Sun was from the left side, what is the rule of thumb for what sun does to POI?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Sun was from the left side, what is the rule of thumb for what sun does to POI?
    Everyone's eyes are different, but the general rule is shots lean in the direction of the sun. As once explained to me; that side of the front sight doesn't appear as sharp, which looks like more notch, so we creep in that direction.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    Everyone's eyes are different, but the general rule is shots lean in the direction of the sun. As once explained to me; that side of the front sight doesn't appear as sharp, which looks like more notch, so we creep in that direction.
    that was my hazy recollection too, so my right POI was opposite the sun theory.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Yesterday, with a Glock 17, I was consistently having shots go to the right edge of a one inch square at 7 and 10 yards. Big hole group, but slightly right. My reaction was, as a right hand shooter, I needed more finger on the trigger? At 25, staying on the head, but slightly right of center.
    Shot again today. Problem continued. Grabbed another 17, problem went away. Examined rear sight on problem upper, and it was deflected further right than others. Making adjustment, problem resolved.

5 year bump from OP date. Very much worth the refresher.
    Taking a break from social media.

This is a good bump. Skimmed and book marked for digestion this weekend.

It dates to my early “keep quiet and read great threads” period on p-f. This is one of them.

User Tag List