Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Surefire suppressor discussion

Okay I am the surefire guy and I have some info that might help. We have seen a lot of issues with Noveske barrels as of late. Last time I checked we had 10 or so that the muzzle threads were not concentric to the bore. You wouldn't notice this until you ran a bore alignment rod down the barrel and suppressor. On almost all of my rifles I have a 1MOA shift or less. I have never seen or heard of one of our suppressors launch off a rifle without it not being installed properly. The lockring when tightened and installed properly cams behind the adapter itself. In order for it to shoot off the lockring would have to shear off completely, t or the tab break off that keeps the lockring tight and then the lockring spin around. If an end user has a problem with their suppressors they can reach out to me directly. cvlasek@surefire.com. I handle military sales.

I haven't really paid attention to this thread, but I have thousands upon thousands of rounds through various Surefire cans. I am (was?) an editor for the magazine and also work in the industry and tend to do a bunch of demo work with the Surefire mil and LE guys. The one thing they tend to be consistent on with factory guns (typical LE issue guns) is very little if any zero shift. I have never seen a locked one launch, even when some terrible low bid agency ammo lost a jacket and hit the front of the can.
    While there are cans I have seen that are quieter or have other positives, the one consistent from the Surefire stuff is repeatable performance with very minimal zero shift, and even when switched to various platforms. It is why they tend to be very well liked and used extensively by military and LE units who are often using stock armory rifles.

For what its worth, I have a lot of time on the old legacy can as I bought one and had it shipped to my agency in SoCal (it is still there) when they came out. I have never seen any more than less than a one MOA shift. This also included numerous uses of the same suppressor on many different guns and it has been subjected to endurance testing as well with no issues.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I'm curious to hear about Surefire's new SOCOM-2 line of suppressors that are expected to hit shelves any day now...well, it's Surefure so any decade now.

http://www.surefire.com/tactical-equ...ppressors.html

Nobody has been able to explain how these will be more rugged or quiet than the original RC SOCOM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

Quote Originally Posted by Sensei View Post
    I'm curious to hear about Surefire's new SOCOM-2 line of suppressors that are expected to hit shelves any day now...well, it's Surefure so any decade now.

http://www.surefire.com/tactical-equ...ppressors.html

Nobody has been able to explain how these will be more rugged or quiet than the original RC SOCOM.
    They use a different welding process (200% stronger, cooler (less core shift to struggle to account for), etc.) and the baffles are slightly tweaked, although I am not sure how. They are 1-2dB quieter and have a touch less back pressure, as I understand.

Thanks. Any word on when they will hit the shelves?

Perhaps the most common rub against SF is they are not as quiet as the competition (likely an underserved reputation). I don't think that blowback or durability were ever issues. So, I'm interested to hear how they stack up against their predecessor and competition.
    Last edited by Sensei; 07-31-2015 at 04:46 PM.
    I like my rifles like my women - short, light, fast, brown, and suppressed.

User Tag List