Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: So what's the no lock?

JV & I were at the NRA Range a few years back and witnessed a brand spanking new J-frame (with lock) go tango uniform in fewer than 5 rounds. The gentleman and his wife were quite disappointed, and we suggested that they contact S&W CS pronto.

I had the option of picking up a new 442 with lock yesterday, and recalled this incident.

I dont own any guns with a lock. Never mind the horror stories of them failing. The lock serves no purpose other than a feel good PC statement. Whomever came up with the idea should be punished. Luckily my preferences run towards revolvers made prior to the 1980's.

If you prefer the newer revolvers with the lock, please accept my heart felt thanks for passing on the older ones.

I can easily purchase no lock J frames, so I do so. They are as prevelant as their incumbered counterparts, so why choose the later?

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by naughtymoose View Post
    If you prefer the newer revolvers with the lock, please accept my heart felt thanks for passing on the older ones.
    I don't know nothin' 'bout no older Smith & Wessons. They probably suck.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

It is so ridiculously easy to remove the offending part with zero risk of creating other malfunctions that I see no reason to pass on revolvers so equipped.

YMMV

User Tag List