Page 3 of 69 FirstFirst 123451353 ... LastLast

Thread: Descending to AR15.com status

I rarely, if ever, post here anymore - or even see what's going on. I signed up here when it first got going. I always though pf.com was one of the best blogs out there. I took a AFHF class two years ago.

Sorry, I don't see this place as a free flow of information and it is often overly moderated. I think many of the people with something relevant to say, say it elsewhere.

Dare I say it...but I spend most of my time at www.doodieproject.com Yes, they are brash, crude - but it's where some of the best shooters in the US post and a title gets you nothing if what you say is out of line or doesn't make sense. You are only as good as your last post And put your USPSA # so everyone can see if you are what you say you are. Me, A71593 - FWIW. I only care about putting bullets on target as accurate, and as fast as I can; what else is there?

Personally, I think the members can do a fine job of sifting through the derp, and do a good job of keeping the derp out.

I've always had/have much respect for Todd (past tense, I don't even know if he's alive anymore ), someone with his background to break through as a relevant trainer during the heyday of, "I can be a tactical instructor"; and the class he gives are/were top notch too.

I think maybe the gloves should come off here. Maybe the "SME" and titles could be toned down a tad too.
    Last edited by nwhpfan; 09-14-2014 at 12:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Derp is a tough concept, because almost nobody thinks of themselves as one.
    What may look like Derp may also be the future.

When modern iso to get big I am sure Col Cooper thought it was derp in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Derp is a tough concept, because almost nobody thinks of themselves as one.
    Depends. Looking at past posts I agree with Tam, she did look like a derptastic idiot. I mean I think some stuff I posted was silly too, as things evolved.

In real life though friends will tell friends when they are being dumb and the dumb will stop or there will be a more focused discussion point instead of perpetuating the dumb. Here we can't even tell people they're dumb. Even when they dumb hard and need it.

All this said... Things are worse on other* forums lately. The best forum I am on right now is very interesting and does things a little differently though.

Note: By other I do not mean some other gun forum so those watching from the outside just waiting for something on this forum to piss them off have no reason to be offended. Besides, those people just stuck their boots in their mouths anyway.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    Depends. Looking at past posts I agree with Tam, she did look like a derptastic idiot.
    Heh. I just read some stuff I wrote more than a dozen years ago on another forum this morning. It was excruciating reading. I've been a genius since 2011 in comparison.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    Heh. I just read some stuff I wrote more than a dozen years ago on another forum this morning. It was excruciating reading. I've been a genius since 2011 in comparison.
    Last year, my mom was cleaning stuff up and gave me a pile of papers, including some of my high school and college writing. I have been a genius for a few decades by comparison.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by nwhpfan View Post
    Dare I say it...but I spend most of my time at www.doodieproject.com Yes, they are brash, crude - but it's where some of the best shooters in the US post and a title gets you nothing if what you say is out of line or doesn't make sense. You are only as good as your last post And put your USPSA # so everyone can see if you are what you say you are. Me, A71593 - FWIW. I only care about putting bullets on target as accurate, and as fast as I can; what else is there?

Personally, I think the members can do a fine job of sifting through the derp, and do a good job of keeping the derp out.
    I think Doodie represents an absurdly exaggerated version of forums where people who post idiotic crap are called out almost instantly by a lot of other idiots. Yes, a huge number of people on Doodie are high level shooters (heck the bossman there is one of the best practical shooters in the CONUS), and you generally do have to sift through a LOT of crude, brash guys who joined just so they could drop the f* bomb on a forum, but it's generally pretty easy to sort through, because the guys who give you an answer will give you a solid piece of advice, and the other guys will either run off on tangents, make middle school level humor, or provide you with an option that is exaggeratedly wrong.

I don't post much on Doodie anymore, and I have always greatly respected this forum as a no-nonsense source if information, and if it sinks (like most forums tend to) to the bottom of the intardnet derp pile I'd be very surprised.

Which is why as a rule, I try to keep my mouth shut and be thought a derp, than to derp up and remove all doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by 45dotACP View Post
    I think Doodie represents an absurdly exaggerated version of forums where people who post idiotic crap are called out almost instantly by a lot of other idiots. Yes, a huge number of people on Doodie are high level shooters (heck the bossman there is one of the best practical shooters in the CONUS), and you generally do have to sift through a LOT of crude, brash guys who joined just so they could drop the f* bomb on a forum, but it's generally pretty easy to sort through, because the guys who give you an answer will give you a solid piece of advice, and the other guys will either run off on tangents, make middle school level humor, or provide you with an option that is exaggeratedly wrong.

I don't post much on Doodie anymore, and I have always greatly respected this forum as a no-nonsense source if information, and if it sinks (like most forums tend to) to the bottom of the intardnet derp pile I'd be very surprised.

Which is why as a rule, I try to keep my mouth shut and be thought a derp, than to derp up and remove all doubt.
    They are much more free and the population there will call people out when they are dumb. Everyone here is either not allowed or afraid to point out that someone is being really dumb.

Oh well.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

To be fair, Doodie has gotten a large influx of people due to the press they received from the cheating scandal. There are a lot more trolls on DP than there was in the past.

To me I see DP's nearly free for all attitude as the pressure relief valve for the tightly controlled BE. Within the competitive shooting community I think both have their place.

We know who the SMEs are, but most don't. I had the honor of meeting Sean once upon a time, and I didn't even know I was standing near the Chosen Hammer of God. Part of the problem may be that the SME title on this forum is too subtle, and new members may not even know what the acronym stands for or its significance. Perhaps they need some sort of signature line that simply states, "Do not argue with this dude."

Also, my outdated version of Tapatalk doesn't even show SME status. Do the newer versions show stuff like that?

Site Supporter
    Ok, I'll be the one to say it - the mods are doing what they can but Todd G is missed here in more ways than one.
    Last edited by HCM; 09-14-2014 at 12:59 PM.

User Tag List