Page 45 of 69 FirstFirst ... 35434445464755 ... LastLast

Thread: Descending to AR15.com status

Quote Originally Posted by NETim View Post
    Hey yeah! Ditto! I've got pretty thick skin (and I'm sure the majority of PF'ers do too.)
    Same here. Feel free to correct me or tell me what's what uncensored. I come here to learn because it is pretty obvious most of the people on here know their shit. If I say or post something "derpy" please call me on it. I'm here to learn from those who know. In fact I think calling derp posters out will help get them off of this site or at least get them to stop posting. A stand up person will take getting called out as a learning experience and be better for it. The idiots will run and hide from the embarrassment. I was always told surround yourself with those that know more then you, you'll be better for doing so. That's why I'm here.

Quote Originally Posted by orionz06 View Post
    I nominate Rob and Tamara for moderator!
    Second

Site Supporter
    The meta view of how internet media progresses has been know for a long time. The Psychology of the Internet by Patricia Wallace in 1999 pretty much lays it out.

Dunning–Kruger effect, well that's from modern psychology. That's what my subject matter expertise is in. Otherwise, I am a FOG (fat old guy) and that was a critique of some posters on another forum that I moderate with a focus on my expertise but a responsibility to catch loonies. You should read academic forums - no better from supposedly highly educated people. This forum has some of the best techy expertise around. One could screen new members - like one could require significant training for a CHL. Interesting social consequences of both, I would think.

How exclusive does one want to be?

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    One could screen new members -

How exclusive does one want to be?
    "I don't want to belong to any club that will accept people like me as a member."
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

22+ years LE and Mil SOF experience.

10 Combat deployments to:

Somalia (2)
    Afghanistan (3)
    Iraq (4)
    Libya

Other assignments during my extensive "down time" have been:

Hand picked by two MAJCOM (Major Command) Commanders to be the current "Close Quarters Combat & Urban Combat Intructor" for an East Coast Special Operations Command.

Previously the "Tactical Shooting Instructor" for same organization.

Led 25 SOF Snipers during Counter-Sniper/Counter IED operations in Sadr City, Iraq 2008. (Yeah, the same one so eloquently put into print in "American Sniper")

Two years as the primary Combat Systems Officer for RDT&E (Research, Development, Testing, & Evaluation) during procurement of the SCAR weapons system, the NSW Precision Sniper Rifle System, and 3 new suppressors for current isse SOPMOD weapons (Navy SEALs & SWCC, USA SF & Rangers, USAF CCT & PJs, and even MARSOC). Still sought out by the Weapons Signature Reduction and SCAR program offices at US SOCOM and NSWC-Crane for Subject Matter Expert advice on modifications, additions, or replacement equipment; still actively participating in all testing events. If I want to or not.
    [/QUOTE]

DAMN!

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    Good to see you Todd.
    Now get out of here and let someone else have the conch, can't you see we have a boulder to drop on Piggy?
    [looks up nervously, logs off PF just in case]

Couple of things,
    I joined this place on I believe 'opening day' after learning a tremendous amount at PT.
    I read / stop by several times a week if not daily and only log in to post in threads where I feel I have something to contribute.
    I do need to start logging in more often if for no other reason than to start using this 'Ignore' feature I was apparently not aware of.

On the rampage/site supporter match if I can re-up and add an extra year I will do so (please send me a link etc.)

On the derp, 2 thoughts-

An up vote / down vote system where a posts text or font size gets a tiny bit bigger/smaller bolder/lighter with each corresponding vote. Possibly a way to help the forum self regulate somewhat and ensure good contributions and contributors are easily recognized for the newbies and the chaff treated as such. This may get political as well as cause drama, also a 'troll flood' could sku and jack with the results and break the system in general. Lots of details would need to be hashed out, up and down voting could possibly be an additional perk for Site Supporters, with Mods not allowed to vote and votes from SME's carrying a greater factor of appreciation or depreciation to the post.

Give users a notification that a 'Forum User' has chosen to ignore them, may help them learn the error of their ways and aid them in tuning their demeanor and behavior.

On general Disdain for Leo's & the LE forum

I am not a LEO, don't want the job, don't envy the job and I respect the good ones. There are 'Turds' in every profession I think if the 'Brotherhood' wasn't so inclined to ALWAYS protect each other at ALL COSTS, the 'Turds' would eventually find work involving Segways & Golf Carts and generally there would be more understanding from the general populous. I also think its pretty obvious that the bulk 'if not all' LEO members of PF are not the 'Turds', but haters gonna hate.

PF has greatly expanded the depth of my knowledge across the board and I thank ALL of the SME's & Members for their contributions and willingness to share the experience and knowledge.

As for how my shooting has improved I sadly would not know, since I joined I have gone from Employed-Unemployed-Starting my own AV House and dealing with the joys of being 'Head Cook & Bottle Washer" the venn diagram circles of 'Time' and 'Money for Ammo' have been drawn on 2 completely separate pieces of paper.

That being said I should probably consider some spring changes from Dry Fire drills alone and don't know if that makes me more or less of a douchebag.

I think THIS, Festivus, The Bitchening, Airing of Grievances (whatever you want to call it) should continue, let it run its course annually for days or weeks then Hide or Lock the thread. Bring it back a year later and make it like 'The Purge' for 'The Derp' possibly continue to link a charitable cause to site supporter membership during its run, Cuss Jar Credit type situation or possibly sending a 'Derp' to an actual training class, who knows.

Lastly I have really only ever been shut down by mods and sme's (by shutdown I mean being told it was a bad idea / fools errand etc.) on my quest for an HD Oriented Suppressed Sub Gun, .300BLK (I know), Rifle Caliber X is Better (I Know), Knock Down, Stopping Power, NFA Weapon in a courtroom, etc. etc. etc. I KNOW!
    The reasons why I feel this is the best solution for me and my family are mine and mine only.

All that being said if 25-30 Well Placed Rounds of 9MM HST can't fix the problem I am currently dealing with (In my own home/ at my doorstep) Firstly WTF is going on? Secondly I am way the hell out of my depth and fucked anyway so I choose to go out in style.

This being said the moment I can get my hands on an MPX I will be generating a thread to complete the 2000RD challenge with a variety of ammo suppressed / un suppressed, subs/supers, JHP/Ball etc. (money venn diagram circle has grown lately) In doing so I will hopefully contribute a little bit of something back to the forum that someone somewhere might find useful, and the haters can hate, kitten em'.

Todd,
    Good to see you back, its just not the same without you here.

I am going to go stretch now in preparation for the Feats of Strength portion of the program.

Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    , it's gone from being a house, to a B&B, to a full-on hotel.
    For a hotel, there sure are a lot of people not paying rent.
    Ignore Alien Orders

We are diminished
    It was not my intent to turn this into a "welcome back" thread. My return deserves its own thread, darn it!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    It was not my intent to turn this into a "welcome back" thread. My return deserves its own thread, darn it!
    Are you staying? C'Mon dude! I even bought a SIRT and managed to disable it adjusting the trigger in your memory. That's like a textbook Todd move.

Textbook.

User Tag List