Page 4 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Lehigh Defense: Xtreme Penetrator Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I understand the realities of marketing, but ad copy with that much woo-woo and hyperbole really makes me flinch. :/
    Needs more SWAT ninjas, and flames.....
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Tamara View Post
    I understand the realities of marketing, but ad copy with that much woo-woo and hyperbole really makes me flinch. :/
    +1

It's too much of a s**t sandwich to swallow.

All I care about is that the load functions reliably and penetrates animal skulls.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    All I care about is that the load functions reliably and penetrates animal skulls.
    It may well do that. I admit that my hype allergy is my own cross to bear.
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

I think the problem is that the market I represent, folks wanting to shoot through animal skulls with a service pistol, is probably big enough to sell about twenty boxes of twenty a year. So they have to jazz it up, making these solid penetrating bullets neatly as powerful as a small nuke.

I think the problem is that the market I represent, folks wanting to shoot through animal skulls with a service pistol, is probably big enough to sell about twenty boxes of twenty a year. So they have to jazz it up, making these solid penetrating bullets neatly as powerful as a small nuke.
    Yeah, I get the market is small, but for a small ammo maker it's not tough to do a few of those boxes. Good QC would bring good word of mouth, good word of mouth tends to sell defensive ammo.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Considering quality and desiring reliable function, would folks be more inclined to buy the Underwood or Lehigh loaded cartridge with these same bullets?

Considering quality and desiring reliable function, would folks be more inclined to buy the Underwood or Lehigh loaded cartridge with these same bullets?
    In some of the dual offerings, the Underwood is loaded faster. My observed results with the very fast Buffalo Bore was so ugly, and picking up some criticisms of Underwood overall here and there led to my order placing with Lehigh directly. But who knows.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    In some of the dual offerings, the Underwood is loaded faster. My observed results with the very fast Buffalo Bore was so ugly, and picking up some criticisms of Underwood overall here and there led to my order placing with Lehigh directly. But who knows.
    I see velocity as double edged -- on one hand velocity can make the reliability suffer if outside the envelope the pistol was designed for but on the other hand, you want enough velocity to be able to penetrate a thick skull.

I looked at both and elected to try the Underwood. They are a smidgen less expensive, but use nickel cases over brass. They do post higher velocity on their site. I ran some of mine through a chronograph (weapon is a Glock 40). The owner emailed me back with answers to my questions and seemed user friendly.

The results:

I'm all for testing them against barriers, but I haven't seen anyone agree on what best replicates an animal skull. Or what kind of test would give an idea of performance with large man-eating critters?

On a side note, I have been looking for over a year and cannot find the Federal 10mm JSP Trophy Bonded ammo. I'd love to see how it does too.

User Tag List