Page 33 of 39 FirstFirst ... 233132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Lehigh Defense: Xtreme Penetrator Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by DMWINCLE View Post
    If you can't find an XTP loading, Federal Hydra-Shok are also OK.
    My local had a box of XTP in stock.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Yet another "gun-as-talisman" gun owner.

I suppose that it's good that such a person, as an initial step, has gone so far as to actually acquire a firearm at all, but to be so naive as to then apparently imagine that it will somehow "protect her", absent any experience, practice, maintenance or study on her part, seems hard to believe.
    She's interested in getting more into shooting and so on.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

I'm not a big fan of Buffalo Bore but this looks like the Xtreme Penetrator bullet without the fluting.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=571

We could isolate Russia totally from the world and maybe they could apply for membership after 2000 years.

Quote Originally Posted by 5pins View Post
    I'm not a big fan of Buffalo Bore but this looks like the Xtreme Penetrator bullet without the fluting.

https://www.buffalobore.com/index.ph...t_detail&p=571

If this runs in Glock20, it could be a perfect load

Lehigh Defense: Xtreme Penetrator Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by cheby View Post
    If this runs in Glock20, it could be a perfect load
    I am convinced that the G20 with heavy 10mm loads needs an extra power mag spring and mag shims for reliable function. Bullet shape is not the main factor.

I am adding a metal Zev mag release as well.
    Last edited by Clusterfrack; 08-16-2019 at 11:50 AM.
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie
    Shabbat shalom, motherf***ers! --Mordechai Jefferson Carver

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    From what I have seen, the answer to your question is likely a solid ''no''. Not seeing any large LE agencies or the .mil buying this stuff.

LeHigh Defense's advertisements suggest that they have yet to realize that the radial cracking exhinbited in testing in 10% gelatin (of any other test medium) does not correlate directly with actual tissue damage.
    Not only do these fluted bullets seem to do more damage to gel than FMJ, they do significantly more damage to meat:

Granted living tissue is more elastic than butchered pork chops/pork ribs, but if I couldn't carry expanding bullets I'd feel better loaded with fluted underwood defender/polycase arx than ball ammo.

Quote Originally Posted by 0ddl0t View Post
    Not only do these fluted bullets seem to do more damage to gel than FMJ, they do significantly more damage to meat:

Granted living tissue is more elastic than butchered pork chops/pork ribs, but if I couldn't carry expanding bullets I'd feel better loaded with fluted underwood defender/polycase arx than ball ammo.
    I've never been able to take Mr. Harrell's videos very seriously and have several reservations as to the validity of his work; his use of oranges to simulate pulmonary tissue being chief among them. None of the groceries that Harrell is shooting are documented as being valid soft tissue analogs, so conclusions drawn from Harrell's videos are suspect at best.
    ''Politics is for the present, but an equation is for eternity.'' ―Albert Einstein

Full disclosure per the Pistol-Forum CoC: I am the author of Quantitative Ammunition Selection.

Quote Originally Posted by the Schwartz View Post
    I've never been able to take Mr. Harrell's videos very seriously and have several reservations as to the validity of his work; his use of oranges to simulate pulmonary tissue being chief among them. None of the groceries that Harrell is shooting are documented as being valid soft tissue analogs, so conclusions drawn from Harrell's videos are suspect at best.
    His observations outside of terminal ballistics usually strike me as more valid than his obervations inside the subject area.

I`ve never understood why he doesn't use rubber bags or something similar for "lung tissue." Probably to hard to obtain locally.

I tried his "break the concrete block evenly bit" with my cw45 recently, and that shit is more difficult than it looks. (I toppled the block on shot three, having blown apart the base.) He's a fine shot. But I didn't throw away my 9mm 147 Ranger T-series ammo, even after his video declared it "crap." That video, and a few others by him, do show that ammo batches vary, sometimes dramatically.

The meat target bits are fun, I just wish he described them that way instead of "definitive." Shooting water-filled jugs of a consistent type every time would be at least a comparable data set.

Hence, my highly scientific "Redneck Ballistic Protocol." 🤡
    Last edited by Baldanders; 11-09-2019 at 12:04 PM.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

Has anyone here actually shot a live critter with any of the fluted Leigh,ARX, or silmilar bullets and necro'd the animal? I think I've read this whole thread, don't recall such.
    REPETITION CREATES BELIEF
    REPETITION BUILDS THE SEPARATE WORLDS WE LIVE AND DIE IN
    NO EXCEPTIONS

User Tag List