Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Lehigh Defense: Xtreme Penetrator Ammunition

Quote Originally Posted by Shawn Dodson View Post
    Not to hijack the thread but Ammo Quest's use of the term "damage track" is misleading and suggests the disruption produced by temporary cavitation in gelatin (the cracks) represents permanent soft tissue damage (i.e., permanent cavity). This is a common mistake of YouTube experts not having the requisite depth of knowledge to properly interpret and discuss test results observed in various soft tissue simulants.
    Got it. With most youtube pistol tests I ignore the commentary and only look for penetration and factors around the condition of the slug.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Update request -- has anyone out there in PF land shot enough of these, in either the Lehigh or Underwood flavor, to have an opinion on reliability and penetration, for use in a field pistol?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Update request -- has anyone out there in PF land shot enough of these, in either the Lehigh or Underwood flavor, to have an opinion on reliability and penetration, for use in a field pistol?
    I think penetration is a given with this bullet, driven fast. QC and reliability would be the unknown without testing.
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    I think penetration is a given with this bullet, driven fast. QC and reliability would be the unknown without testing.
    Given the cost of the projectile, I'd rather use a good hard cast 22-Brinell bullet with a powder coat which is a fraction of the cost of those Lehigh penetrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann View Post
    Given the cost of the projectile, I'd rather use a good hard cast 22-Brinell bullet with a powder coat which is a fraction of the cost of those Lehigh penetrators.
    Not everbuddy reloads, so stuck with factory options.....
    I am the owner of Agile/Training and Consulting
    www.agiletactical.com

I bought several boxes and ran 40 through a G42 and it fed, cycled and printed well.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by Hauptmann View Post
    I haven't had good luck with hard cast loads feeding in service pistols.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

About a year or year and a half ago a guy on LF reported running 200 successfully through his G42. I've not seen any users for service pistol calibers report beyond the youtube penetration test demos.

I'm diving head first into them in 10mm. I chose the Underwood loading. First box of 20 cycled just fine. Many, many more to go.

In free-range, non-GMO, organic, fair trade Broad Ripple, IN
    I understand the realities of marketing, but ad copy with that much woo-woo and hyperbole really makes me flinch. :/
    Books. Bikes. Boomsticks.

I can explain it to you. I can’t understand it for you.

User Tag List