Page 1 of 39 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Lehigh Defense: Xtreme Penetrator Ammunition

Lehigh Defense: Xtreme Penetrator Ammunition

I saw this new bullet design by Lehigh Defense and it looks pretty interesting. Its a solid piece of copper which does not expand.
    It has some notches near the tip which supposedly increase the wound channel by creating some hydraulic effect
    ("twice the penetration and larger volume then most expanding bullets" so over penetration may be an issue). It has a blunt
    nose so even if the hydraulic effect is overstated or only works in gelatin, it still might be an interesting bullet, since Doc
    recommends wadcutters and these are sorta wadcutters which evidently feed in automatics.

Anyway to my untrained eyes these look like less hype and more science then the other "game changing bullets"
    which have been released recently. Would like to know what more informed people think. In particular they are
    advertising it for 380 pocket guns which was exactly my first thought as well.

Xtreme Penetrator Ammunition

Product Features

Solid Copper (Lead Free) precision CNC machined design. Good for the enviromment, bad, really bad for the target

Unique nose that increases the hydraulic velocity creating high pressure spikes resulting in a larger permanent wound column and over twice the penetration than most expanding bullets.

Blunt nose for initial energy transfer and straight, deep penetration while allowing for reliable magazine feeding.

Solid copper construction and cutting edges to punch through entry barriers without deformation or deflection.

Ballistics Test

The ballistic test shown below demonstrates the unparalleled performance of our 45 ACP +P XP bullet. Check out the depth of the penetration and the size of the PWC (Permanent Wound Column).

Ballistics Testing - FBI Standard 10% Ballistics Gelatin

Barrier: 4 Layers of Denim

The following link is a report that was published by the FBI to explain the desired effectiveness of a handgun wound. Click on the following link: FBI Handgun Wounding Effectiveness

Site Supporter
    Dude is limp wristing like nobody's business. You would think if you are having issues with cycling during testing ammo, you would start firing with a strong two handed grip. Cycling your slide with the off hand (I have never seen someone, on the internet or otherwise drop the slide with the firing hand and then switch hands and get a grip on the gun, outside of W.H.O. practice or drills) seems really strange to me too.

Quote Originally Posted by codisimo View Post
    Dude is limp wristing like nobody's business. You would think if you are having issues with cycling during testing ammo, you would start firing with a strong two handed grip. Cycling your slide with the off hand (I have never seen someone, on the internet or otherwise drop the slide with the firing hand and then switch hands and get a grip on the gun, outside of W.H.O. practice or drills) seems really strange to me too.
    That and he has obviously never heard the term 'hangfire'...

People who use "clip" when they mean magazine annoy me. Maybe I'm too picky, but if you haven't mastered basic nomenclature then it's tough for me to be thinking you know WTF you are talking about.
    Last edited by Chuck Haggard; 08-28-2017 at 12:06 PM.

Got through about 3 minutes of the Rogers video. Made Nuttinfancy seem competent.

This company is one of the only manufacturers that is making 300 Blackout sub projectiles that expand at 750-1200fps velocities to be shot from sbr or pistol configured AR platforms with a suppressor. Pricey but promising for that caliber. Most companies only offer projectiles that expand at above 1900fps.

I have no other interest with handgun ammo or other projectiles from this company, the dedicated 300 Blackout projectiles is the only thing I'm interested in hand loading for suppressed hog hunting.

https://www.lehighdefense.com/index....-bullet-detail

Photo at the top of this page is of the 300 Blackout projectile.
    https://www.lehighdefense.com/index....nsion-subsonic

When you consider that ball ammo is the preferred load in the .380, I think this bullet may have some merit. If the terminal performance they calm is true.

In other calibers is think there are already good performing rounds at a more reasonable price.

Quote Originally Posted by Chuck Haggard View Post
    People who use "clip" when they mean magazine annoy me. Maybe I'm too picky, but if you haven't mastered basic nomenclature then it's tough for me to be thinking you know WTK you are talking about.
    I know of a detective who open up a gun shop and named it Clips and Grips.

User Tag List