Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Woman Accidentally Kills Self While Adjusting Bra Holster

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar

Woman Accidentally Kills Self While Adjusting Bra Holster

Via mLive:

"She was having trouble adjusting her bra holster, couldn't get it to fit the way she wanted it to. She was looking down at it and accidentally discharged the weapon."

Glock Collective Assimile Suvorov's Avatar
    Escapee from the SF Bay Area now living on the Front Range of Colorado.
    And in light of the comments, the anti's are jumping around in an orgy of blood....

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    And in light of the comments, the anti's are jumping around in an orgy of blood....
    That's how I found the article in the first place. Story's already gone viral. This poor woman's family....

These are the holsters that result in the barrel pointing up at one's face, yes?

I think that says pretty much everything that needs to be said.

Quote Originally Posted by Suvorov View Post
    Unsurprising. YouTube alone has multiple examples of NDs from junk holster designs.If it wasnt this, i'd be someone shooting themselves AIWB'ing a Blackhawk DERPA.
    The Minority Marksman.
    "When you meet a swordsman, draw your sword: Do not recite poetry to one who is not a poet."
    -a Ch'an Buddhist axiom.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    These are the holsters that result in the barrel pointing up at one's face, yes?

If it's a flashbang holster, then no....at least not when used correctly.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

According to comments to a similar thread posted on the book of face from a woman who teaches other women and uses the same holster, the holster itself is not unsafe, the trigger guard is covered and all the 4 rules would of had to been violated for this to happen.

Please don't perpetuate this article or make blanket assumptions. As removed & removed said, there were clearly many unwise decisions this woman made. Looking down the barrel was just one.
    I wear the Flashbang often and am quite comfortable recommending it to my female students. They have a very ample cover for the trigger/trigger guard and I can't think of a way that I'd "accidentally" shoot myself without complete disregard for basically all of the standard gun safety rules.
    Men freely believe that which they desire.
    Julius Caesar

These are the holsters that result in the barrel pointing up at one's face, yes? I think that says pretty much everything that needs to be said.
    Well yeah, but there are holsters that point at your subclavian, brachial, sciatic, and femoral arteries too. I'm not arguing, I'm just... thinking out loud, I guess - I don't know. This tragedy struck me in a way most ND stories don't.

Quote Originally Posted by TGS View Post
    If it's a flashbang holster, then no....at least not when used correctly.
    Well, that's news. Just looking at the concept, it seemed unsound, to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    That's how I found the article in the first place. Story's already gone viral. This poor woman's family....
    Well, I feel a little under informed considering I live about 13 miles from where this happened and never heard of it until now.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Well, that's news. Just looking at the concept, it seemed unsound, to say the least.

Why?

The gun does not point at your face, unless you purposely angle it to point at your face.

It does point at one of the breasts, but let's be honest: unless you are shaped like a square with right angles, most any belt holster IS INDEED pointing at your body parts, too. Go ahead and drop a bore laser in your gat and make a concerted effort to handle it like you usually would, with someone observing you to keep you honest. I guaran-freakin-tee that laser will hit your pants at some point. If your wearing at 3 O'Clock or greater and with a cant, its your butt. If AIWB, the front of your leg.

So, I'm not seeing why it's unsound, to say the least. I do think it's subpar compared to a belt holster for several reasons, but it's still a very valid, sound deep-concealment option. Like most any deep concealment option, it has disadvantages and special considerations compared to a more traditional belt holster setup.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

User Tag List