Thread: Does anyone here shoot at Peacemaker in WV?

Does anyone here shoot at Peacemaker in WV?

I was wondering what range availability is like on weekends and whether it is possible to have a bay to oneself?
    How about bench availability on the longer ranges?
    Thanks

Most of the time I can get a bay to myself but sometimes I have had to share. You never know until you get there.

On the rifle range, I have always went on a Sunday when it opens and never had a problem getting a lane. By the time it starts getting busy I’m done.

I should point out that Saturdays are match days and depending on what’s being shot it can be very busy and there may not be any bays open until later in the afternoon.

I'm an RSO there. Public range is hard to predict, but if it's a nice day we are usually slammed by an hour or so after opening. If you get there 15 minutes before we open you'll usually have no problem, though sometimes moving between the 50, 100, 200, and 300 yard benches requires a wait for a bench to open up.

Becoming a member give you access to the tactical bays and the 600/1000 yard range. This gets complicated; if the 1000 yard is open all tac bays are closed because they are parallel to the line of fire off the 1000 yard benches. If the 600 is open then the last 4 or 5 tac bays are closed for the same reason. If there are matches going on that can take anywhere from one to all tac bays offline. Basically need to keep an eye on the calendar. There a Trijicon match going on this weekend, for instance, and I think much of the range is shut down due to it and I'm sure the public range is getting hammered by folks sighting in guns for the match.
    "I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Lets start with typewriters."

Frank Lloyd Wright

Thanks. I would plan to join.

Peacemaker is having a membership drive until the 28 of this month. If a current member brings in a new member then both get their membership at half off, $100 + tax. If anyone is interested in joining and you have paypal then shoot me a PM.

The bays at Peacemaker are great, if there aren't any matches going on and you don't have to share with a stranger. I ended up having to share bays quite a bit this past summer compared with the previous year which is making me lean towards just going back to shooting at the NRA range given how far away Peacemaker is. Also, the tactical bays are usually only open for about 8-9 months a year.

User Tag List