Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: handgun field positions 50-100 yards

Quote Originally Posted by Desertrat View Post
    I have not tried shooting much farther than 50 yards with the Glocks or the 1911's. I do know that at some point you
    definitely are way above target line with the front sight. Targets are actually blocked.
    Typical premium 9mm only drops around 8 inches @100 yards according to some manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by Shenaniguns View Post
    Typical premium 9mm only drops around 8 inches @100 yards according to some manufacturers.
    If that. I've done quite a bit of shooting on steel out to the 150 with 9mm, it's not that tough to pull off.

Quote Originally Posted by OrigamiAK View Post
    Wish I still had the opportunity to shoot at extended distances. I would love to try this 'shooting out of the notch'/elevated front sight thing. I don't doubt that way is better, but I have been able to hit head sized targets at 140 yards, using standard 'equal height, equal light' sight alignment with a little holdover. It does partially obscure the target, but shooting with both eyes open still allows me some awareness of the target position.
    Drop me an email sometime if you want to do some long range pistol. I have a secret spot that's around 40 min from home. Good for rifle too. Distances out to 900 yds.
    “There is no growth in the comfort zone.”--Jocko Willink
    "You can never have too many knives." --Joe Ambercrombie

Quote Originally Posted by Clusterfrack View Post
    Drop me an email sometime if you want to do some long range pistol. I have a secret spot that's around 40 min from home. Good for rifle too. Distances out to 900 yds.
    Thanks, I sure will. That would be awesome!
    Technical excellence supports tactical preparedness
    Lord of the Food Court
    http://www.gabewhitetraining.com

User Tag List