Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite .22 rifle?

What's your favorite .22 rifle?

I can think of few things more fun than spending a Sunday afternoon shooting cans, water jugs, & clay pigeons with a good .22 rifle. What's your favorite? Mine's a tie between my Remington Nylon 66 & my 552 Speedmaster.

So many choices. So many good choices.

Since you picked two, I'll go for the Win 62A and 63, today. Tomorrow, I don't know. (Now I've got to go console my Marlin 39M, Win 75 Sporter and Remmy 121 Fieldmaster.)
    In a sort of ghastly simplicity we remove the organ and demand the function. We make men without chests and expect of them virtue and enterprise. We laugh at honour and are shocked to find traitors in our midst. We castrate and bid the geldings be fruitful.” ― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Oyea. Mine is my Winchester 61 pump. I learned to shoot on it when it was my Dad's.

CZ 455 Tacticool. Good trigger and accuracy, shoots really well with SK Standard and Wolf Match, and suprisingly well with bulk ammo. Also likes Mini Mags which is good because I like to take it to 100 yards and beyond.
    -Seconds Count. Misses Don't-

I can't not love the Ruger 10/22. A big chunk of my childhood was spent with the 10/22 in hand.

I'm really pleased with my M&P 15-22 so far, although .22 has been hard to come by since i've had it so it hasn't seen nearly as much usage.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    I can't not love the Ruger 10/22. A big chunk of my childhood was spent with the 10/22 in hand.
    This. Lots of time on Granddad's farm shooting at varmints, turtles and who knows what else with a 10/22 . Sadly that particular one got lost along the way but I have others.
    Also had a Nylon 66 that I liked a lot.

I honestly love my Remington 552 Speedmaster. Super light, well balanced, and freakishly accurate with CCI Stingers. I keep a Tasco 4x shotgun scope on it. My girlfriend loves shooting it as well.
    "Are you ready? Okay. Let's roll."- Last words of Todd Beamer

My first rifle is an old Norinco .22 trainer that's a ripped-off CZ clone built to look like a G33/40 gebirgsjager carbine. I have many good memories of traipsing through the woods in search of small game with that rifle in hand.

39A.

Forged, machined, blued steel and walnut for a .22 plinker with a barrel so long you hardly need muffs? Yes please.

Ought to be my Century LTD 39 I've had since childhood but funny thing is I like shooting my plain old Marlin 60 as much or more.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

User Tag List