Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: S&W SD9VE 2,000 round test thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Plus it fits M&P holsters according to @Lon.
    It does indeed. I just got a Safariland 6378 for an M&P with a Streamlight TLR. And my SD9/Nightstick TWM-350 works perfectly in it.

Name:  6BCC6B1A-B82A-4473-B74E-0D415D2F4C98.jpeg
Views: 505
Size:  96.5 KB
    Name:  496F13E3-43D1-41EC-B395-B3644EE4BD31.jpeg
Views: 531
Size:  97.9 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    Plus it fits M&P holsters according to @Lon.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    It does indeed. I just got a Safariland 6378 for an M&P with a Streamlight TLR. And my SD9/Nightstick TWM-350 works perfectly in it.

Name:  6BCC6B1A-B82A-4473-B74E-0D415D2F4C98.jpeg
Views: 505
Size:  96.5 KB
    Name:  496F13E3-43D1-41EC-B395-B3644EE4BD31.jpeg
Views: 531
Size:  97.9 KB
    I have a JMCK AIWB 2.0 for the M&P M2.0 and I can shove the SD9 in but it isn't a good fit. Maybe duty holsters or light bearing holsters work well, but a fitted Kydex holster for the pistol alone doesn't seem to fit both models well.

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I have a JMCK AIWB 2.0 for the M&P M2.0 and I can shove the SD9 in but it isn't a good fit. Maybe duty holsters or light bearing holsters work well, but a fitted Kydex holster for the pistol alone doesn't seem to fit both models well.
    Hmmmmm. It fits just fine in my JMCK M&P AIWB w/wingclaw holster. Just needed to loosen screw a bit.

Name:  A4A6EF1E-78FA-4CF6-B4B4-743FF2B095D1.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  32.0 KB
    Formerly known as xpd54.
    The opinions expressed in this post are my own and do not reflect the opinions or policies of my employer.
    www.gunsnobbery.wordpress.com

Quote Originally Posted by Lon View Post
    Hmmmmm. It fits just fine in my JMCK M&P AIWB w/wingclaw holster. Just needed to loosen screw a bit.

Name:  A4A6EF1E-78FA-4CF6-B4B4-743FF2B095D1.jpg
Views: 893
Size:  32.0 KB
    It fits my AIWB 2.0 but the retention doesn't have a nice click in. It looks like the shell is being spread a bit. It probably would work fine, but it isn't a great fit on my SD9. My holster is a thumb safety model, so I wonder if that's why it doesn't double as an SD9 holster well.
    Last edited by FreedomFries; 11-06-2019 at 12:43 AM.

Guys, just an FYI, we will be add the SD9VE to our holster list in the next month or so! Thanks
    sales@jmcustomkydex.com

Site Supporter
    Just need a gadget!

Can you still get all black versions of the pistol?

I still don't have a ton of rounds through my SD9 yet, but I've noticed that it frequently misses slide lock when empty. As others have mentioned, it can often be the thumb resting on the slide lock lever, however, I've noticed that some magazines do not exert enough upwards force on the slide lock lever to lock the slide reliably after the last round or even when manually cycling the slide. S&W replaced one of my magazines in 2017, but I believe that the replacement magazine now exhibits the same behavior after just a few boxes of ammo. Has anyone else noted any problems with their SD9 magazines or SD9 pistols achieving slide lock (when user error with the thumb is clearly not to blame)?

Quote Originally Posted by FreedomFries View Post
    I still don't have a ton of rounds through my SD9 yet, but I've noticed that it frequently misses slide lock when empty. As others have mentioned, it can often be the thumb resting on the slide lock lever, however, I've noticed that some magazines do not exert enough upwards force on the slide lock lever to lock the slide reliably after the last round or even when manually cycling the slide. S&W replaced one of my magazines in 2017, but I believe that the replacement magazine now exhibits the same behavior after just a few boxes of ammo. Has anyone else noted any problems with their SD9 magazines or SD9 pistols achieving slide lock (when user error with the thumb is clearly not to blame)?
    I can say that there is an issue with the 6 mags I have for mine. All 6 just barely engage the slide stop to the point that even the very slightest downward pressure will send the slide home with an empty mag in place. Slide lock while shooting doesn't happen as I know I'm hitting the lever. A Dremel will be lopping off a portion of the lever so that my thumb will no longer influence the function.
    "Detached reflection cannot be demanded in the presence of an uplifted knife." - Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes, Brown v. United States, 256 U.S. 335 (1921)

Every time I log on to P-F and see activity in this thread, I have an unreasonable flash of hope that the SD9-Gadget has been announced.

I would probably carry this gun instead of my G19 if it had a Gadget.

Quote Originally Posted by echo5charlie View Post
    I can say that there is an issue with the 6 mags I have for mine. All 6 just barely engage the slide stop to the point that even the very slightest downward pressure will send the slide home with an empty mag in place. Slide lock while shooting doesn't happen as I know I'm hitting the lever. A Dremel will be lopping off a portion of the lever so that my thumb will no longer influence the function.
    So it seems that the magazines might be a weak point in this design. Some YouTube video I saw mentioned just giving the spring a gentle stretch as a cure for the problem. I was somewhat incredulous that this would help, given that it was from YouTube and that a little tug on a magazine spring is unlikely to change anything major about its elasticity. However, I tried it and now the problematic magazine achieves slide lock reliably. My theory is maybe the follower was attached to the magazine spring in some unusual way and this somehow remedied it. I do wonder if increased power magazine springs would help, but I cannot find any for the SDVE. I also intend to chop my slide stop lever down about 1/4” and cold blue the cut.

Quote Originally Posted by frozentundra View Post
    Every time I log on to P-F and see activity in this thread, I have an unreasonable flash of hope that the SD9-Gadget has been announced.

I would probably carry this gun instead of my G19 if it had a Gadget.
    I tried my Glock Gen 1-4 SCD in the SD9 and it locks in, but the fit is not good enough for me to recommend using it on the SD9. The plate is maybe 1/32" too thin so there is some front to back movement and the striker sleeve isn't seated forward enough in the slide at rest. Due to the striker sleeve being incompletely seated, I am guessing the risk of light primer strike is increased. It's probably not incredibly safe to have movement in the slide cover plate either. I too am hoping that he is still planning an SD9 gadget. I tried the Apex springs in mine and love it, but not going to carry this with a 5.5 lbs trigger AIWB until Gadget is available. I can't reasonably prove that a 6.5 or 7.5 lbs trigger is somehow safer than 5.5 lbs, but it makes me feel slightly better. With Ameriglo sights, this thing rocks and I like it better than my Glocks.

Name:  20200219_181622.jpg
Views: 338
Size:  17.6 KBName:  20200219_181530.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  21.9 KB

User Tag List