Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: flashlights????

I am too partial to the LX2 with the progressive button. also, if you HAVE to build an LX2 Ultra, the E2D ultra head is a direct swap onto the old LX2

I've got an Elzetta Bravo I've been carrying on a Raven clip for a good few months that has impressed the crap out of me. I will look at adding the slightly smaller Alpha next and a Charlie down the line.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

I prefer Surefire for bigger stuff and Jetbeam for EDC type lights.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    For a true "EDC" use of the light, meaning, you use it a lot, I might actually like the AA version better than the Cr123 version.
    My EDC flashlight is almost NEVER used; it's there "just in case", but because it's desirable that it should therefore be both small and lightweight, it's a FourSevens Preon using just a single AAA battery.

It sits on my keychain unobtrusively and is always available, and given that I'm not in law enforcement, it's quite bright enough for any conceivable "in the dark" task.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

I use my flashlight so frequently, I keep four boxes of batteries. I use it constantly at work, in the warehouses and factory, and often at home and about. I'll ID my presence in crosswalks at night. I'll look under the car in the parking lot. It's a necessity while walking the dog. I pull it out 20 times a day, easy.

My kid hid my LX2 the other day. I pressed a 500lumen EAG Fury into service, and the lack of a progressive switch is irritating me

I've used a Jetbeam MKII for years as an EDC light, but for a tactical light, Streamlight TL series.

Quote Originally Posted by theJanitor View Post

My kid hid my LX2 the other day. I pressed a 500lumen EAG Fury into service, and the lack of a progressive switch is irritating me
    My kids "hid" a Surefire Executive given to me by a Marine Corps buddy that now works at Surefire. I'm sticking with cheaper Streamlights from now on
    #RESIST

FourSevens Quark QTL, same as the last flashlight thread. Working on switching back to my Klarus lights as I prefer their strobing mode and I require a strobe as primary. The MDTS Pocket Shield will be used to carry this.
    Think for yourself. Question authority.

I am carrying a SF P2X or P3X EAG Fury these days.
    Facts matter...Feelings Can Lie

Quote Originally Posted by DocGKR View Post
    I am carrying a SF P2X or P3X EAG Fury these days.
    Thanks Doc, is that a P2x fury or P2x Tactical or P2x defender? Whats the P3x EAG - not seeing it on Surefire's web page? How do you feel about dual switching capability?

Thanks everyone else - gonna take some time and digest this stuff....

User Tag List