Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Do Trijicon HD Night Sights shoot 'a bit' higher than stock M&P Sights?

You might try keeping the Trijicon HD front and getting an Ameriglo or Dawson rear in the correct height.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by JodyH View Post
    You might try keeping the Trijicon HD front and getting an Ameriglo or Dawson rear in the correct height.
    Thanks. Good idea.

One of my Sigs shot 6" high at 25. I had to buy individual sights from Ameriglo to get it to hit POA.
    Things happen. It's more S&W's(Sig in my case) issue than Trijicon.
    I have a 226R that shoots 6" low at 25 with everything. One of the reasons I really like Ameriglo is they offer a wide range of sight heights to zero just about anything.

Ken

I'm not an Trijicon HD guy, but IIRC, they have a pretty wide front post, don't they? Like .140 or a little wider? It appears Ameriglo has some rears wide enough to perhaps accommodate that (resulting in a good width relationship) but I don't think Dawson does unless that has changed recently (or you like a REALLY tight sight picture). Dawson offers rear notch widths of .115, .125 and .145.

Something else to be aware of is that Amerigo's listed height dimensions include the height of the dovetail. Dawson's listed dimensions don't so you can't compare them apples to apples. Just FYI.

Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    I have a 226R that shoots 6" low at 25 with everything. One of the reasons I really like Ameriglo is they offer a wide range of sight heights to zero just about anything.

Ken
    I have a number of Sigs that print that way with their 8/8 stock sights. I think it's a function of their "behind the dot/combat" sight picture. [rolleyes]

Over the last few years I've gone to Dawsons for both my game guns and work guns as a solution for the same reasons, as they offer front sights (tritium, black or fiber) in .010 increments.

Plus their CS is awesome.

t

I recently put my HDs back on my M&P full size and they shoot to the dot using sight image 3 for me. I also confirmed your sight measurements with both my stock and HD sights. I shoot 124gr ammo almost exclusively.

Matt

Do Trijicon HD Night Sights shoot 'a bit' higher than stock M&P Sights?

Hokay, just wanted to post a follow up.

My gun is back from Shooters World Tampa, and the 10 8 FO front is on, as well as the stock rear.

I blacked the rear dots with some carbon from a candle wick. (Don't laugh. )

I'm pretty happy with the front, very close to stock, the FO rod seems well mounted, and there seems to be a lot of light, even here in the dining room.

They also put the stock trigger back in. I should be set for starting USPSA Production.

Going to the range Saturday for a session, see how it does.

Here's how it looks now.

Stock front sight vs. 10 8

Trijicon vs. 10 8

Trijicon vs. stock blacked out rear.

Maybe using the candle wick, like an old bullseye shooter, is working too hard...I never have a candle or carbide lamp handy so a Sharpie pen works great. I really like the look on the HD sights, thinking about trying a .140 rear anyway.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhp147 View Post
    Maybe using the candle wick, like an old bullseye shooter, is working too hard...I never have a candle or carbide lamp handy so a Sharpie pen works great. I really like the look on the HD sights, thinking about trying a .140 rear anyway.
    The HD's have a .140" front.

What's the back, .15+?

Quote Originally Posted by Jhp147 View Post
    What's the back, .15+?
    Notch width? Believe it's 0.169", from their web site:

User Tag List