Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: For when you can't find a good used Surefire X300

Site Supporter
    Has anyone had any luck finding APLs lately? They seem to be an endangered species.

One thing I like about the ALP is that it's the same width as the gun.

The wider two cell lights, older M3s, Sure-Fires, TLRs, etc., all mean the holster has to be cut to accommodate the light. This is the source of the mechanical means to allow the incidents where someone gets a finger into the holster and triggers off a shot during a gun grab. A light like the ALP disallows this to happen.

Just an observation.

Just as another data point, I've observed my friend consistently popping off his APL by hand off of his M&P with ease.

Quote Originally Posted by Failure2Stop View Post
    I'm a pretty solid X300 guy, but not too deep in the Kool-Aid to try something else out.
    I believe the X300 is a better light, a better beam and more robust construction. But with it attached to the G17, it feels like I have a light attached. With the APL attached, the reduced bulk/weight is makes it much less noticeable to me. So much so that I have no intention of removing it.

A G17 with an APL is still far better than a G17 with no light at all. I'm now using my X300 on a carbine and a 1187 shown below;

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Just as another data point, I've observed my friend consistently popping off his APL by hand off of his M&P with ease.
    This is what is demonstrated in the youtube video, and seems to be an issue that has become well publicized. In the numerous Internet threads discussing the problem, it seems most users do not experience the problem, but some do. I bought mine before the issue became a talking point and fortunately, have not experienced the problem. I'm glad because the APL works really well for me. Hell, I like the light so much I'd break out the epoxy if it did become an issue.

Gen 1 APL is DEFECTIVE!

The Gen 2 APL is supposed to be GTG and hope to be trying one out soon.

I like how the APL led head is built over the TLR-1

Since Jan I haven't had any problems with TLR-1

I like both the surefire and TLR switch over the APL toggle type.

User Tag List