Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Brothers_2017 View Post
    The M9 will NOT accept the 'M9A1' (aka 17rd mags) unless you put slide in that 1st round.
    Not sure I'm following you...the 17 round magazines are not M9A1 magazines, but come standard with the 92A1 (or the poorly named 90-TWO). The M9A1 comes standard with the 15 round PVD coated sand resistant magazines.

The yet to be released M9A3 uses 17 round PVD coated magazines, which are already available via the Beretta USA website.

However, all of these magazines are compatible across all Beretta 92 pistols. I've used the 17 round magazines in the M9 without any problem (well, save the floor plate cracking that I've documented previously in this thread). What may not be compatible are small parts across magazines - for example, as we were discussing earlier, the 17 round magazine floor plate will fit a 15 round magazine, but will not allow a 15 round magazine to seat properly. The reason is that the 17 round magazine body is actually slightly longer than the 15 round magazine body in order to accommodate the two extra rounds. This extra length is concealed by the shape of the floor plate.
    Last edited by JSGlock34; 10-11-2015 at 07:11 AM.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Brothers_2017 View Post
    The M9 will NOT accept the 'M9A1' (aka 17rd mags) unless you put slide in that 1st round.
    My standard 92F and G models work perfectly fine with Beretta 15, and 17 round mags as well as Mec Gar 18 and 20 rounders while loading any of them all the way to full capacity. Come to think of it, all my 92 variants work with all of these mags. I don't know where you got your info, or if you got some bad mags, but something is wrong with your statement.

I finally picked up some of the 18rd MecGars recently and started using them. I ran them in a 2-gun match here locally, and they ran like tops. The one thing I noticed is that they are very hard to seat on a closed slide with the full 18 rounds loaded. I started downloading them to 17rds and had no more issues. I'll run them in a couple more matches, and if all continues to be well, I'll start using them for carry instead of the factory 15s.

Quote Originally Posted by LHS View Post
    I finally picked up some of the 18rd MecGars recently and started using them. I ran them in a 2-gun match here locally, and they ran like tops. The one thing I noticed is that they are very hard to seat on a closed slide with the full 18 rounds loaded. I started downloading them to 17rds and had no more issues. I'll run them in a couple more matches, and if all continues to be well, I'll start using them for carry instead of the factory 15s.
    Once the springs takes a bit of a set, they'll seat on 18 rds...

Murder Machine, Harmless Fuzzball TCinVA's Avatar
    I've never used anything but factory Beretta mags in my 92 pistols...but when EL told me the Mec-Gar anti-friction mags are GTG it was enough to get me to buy some.
    3/15/2016

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    when EL told me the Mec-Gar anti-friction mags are GTG it was enough to get me to buy some.
    Yeah, I just picked some up too. Can't beat good mags $15.00 a piece either.

Quote Originally Posted by TCinVA View Post
    I've never used anything but factory Beretta mags in my 92 pistols...but when EL told me the Mec-Gar anti-friction mags are GTG it was enough to get me to buy some.
    When he and Bill both sang their praises, I took that as A Clue.

I love MecGar AF mags of pretty much any flavor they make. My favorite Sig and Beretta mags hands down.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another vote for the Mec-Gar AFC 18 rounders. I've got a set of eight that I've been using for about a year and a half and roughly five thousand rounds. I did experience some feeding issues with Tula that may or may not have been magazine-related, but with brass cased ammo, the magazines have been 100% reliable.

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post

Also, Sportsmans Depot has 18rd Mec-Gars for $14.99 (link was provided by someone in another thread here on PF):

http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/prod...M-MAG9218.html
    WOW... Thanks for sharing that!

User Tag List