Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Magazines

Lyonsgrid,
    Those look similar to the mags included with my SIG P226 last year. They (and other Mec-Gar mags) are generally good to go.

I apparently cracked the baseplate of a Beretta 17 round magazine while at the range today. Anyone know where I can source a replacement?
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

I've used primarily the OEM 15-rounders for about 11 years now. When the AWB died, Beretta was giving them away at (IIRC) the IDPA Nationals, and I managed to source a pair from that. Those two mags were my carry mags for years, and now have been relegated to training mags. They still work without issue. I've got some of the OEM 17-rounders, but haven't really put any through their paces. I've use Mec-Gar 15-rounders a lot as well, and never had an issue. I've also used the MG extended 20s with no complaints, though not nearly as much as the standard-sized mags.

Bill, Ernest and a lot of other switched-on folks swear by the MG 18s, and that should speak volumes. I just haven't felt the need to upgrade when I have an EOTW-sized stockpile of OEM 15s that work just fine.

The price of Beretta mags was one of the first things that literally shocked me.. After a few years of buying HK mags,this was very refreshing.. Quality high capacity factory mags for right around $20 a pop. Really, how can you go wrong here? I bought a few 17 rnd mags from Midway, with the 2-15 rnd mags that came with the pistol, I figure I'm good in the mag dept. for quite some time. When I got the mags from Midway, I was impressed with the quality, These are really nice considering their cost.

I've used just about every Beretta OEM magazine (standard 15 round, 15 round PVD, 17 round). I've never had a problem with the 15 round magazines; the cracked baseplate on my 17 round magazine has been the only trouble I've encountered.

I've used the Mec-Gar 18 round magazines and I've had zero problems. If you look around you can find them for $20. Given the choice I'd buy and carry the Mec-Gars, but the 15 round Beretta OEM offerings are excellent.

Looks like Beretta will release a 17 round PVD magazine with the M9A3...might be the new heat. I wonder if the basepad has been altered for the military magazines though.

I'll probably call Beretta tomorrow and see if they can send a replacement basepad. None of the usual suspects seem to carry these.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Cross posting this info from another thread...

MecGar magazines - they have a taper that eliminates the "lip" on the front of the magazine.
    (http://shopwilsoncombat.com/Beretta-...uctinfo/NW388/ - In case you're wondering...)

Additionally, just for reference, the 18rd MecGar's fit the CZ basepad from the Ben Stoeger Pro Shop (http://www.benstoegerproshop.com/CZ-...p/cz-sf1-a.htm)

That's so odd... Try the public link to all the pictures...

https://www.evernote.com/shard/s353/...13f91d77494ed3

Beretta has (or had) blue guns for the 92A1 like that on their web store. I had one and sent it to a holster maker to get some sweet 92A1 holsters made. They came with two weighted mags, one weighted as an empty, one weighted like a full one. Pretty slick.

Slight thread drift, but has anyone ever had issues with the MecGar 18s dropping randomly from the P226 while firing? I've had this happen five times between a practice session and during a local competition at Sig in Epping. I haven't been able to replicate it when using the factory 15 rounders. Pistol is the P226 Elite SAO with approximately 500 rounds through it.

I know the mags were fully seated and I'm confident that I'm not inadvertently pressing the mag release. The magazines exhibit a small amount of wobble when seated but I cannot pull the magazine from the pistol without depressing the mag release. It doesn't seem to be related to the number of rounds left in the magazine. Ammunition used was Winchester 124gr NATO.

Is it possible for the bullet nose of an overly-long cartridge to press against the mag catch as it is advanced in the magazine? I'm not seeing any copper transfer on the mag catch. Every search I've made refers to the P938 having a similar issue but nothing in regards to the P226.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At a recent match a partially spent 18 round McGar Beretta mag went inoperable after a drop, with a follower and remaining rounds stuck solidly mid - tube. Had to take it apart. First and only occurrence, just an FYI.
    Last edited by YVK; 09-14-2015 at 05:37 PM.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

User Tag List