Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Magazines

That's good to hear. I'll get some on the way.

Check-Mate has a lifetime warranty on their magazines, which they're very genuine about-call them, and they'll make things right. I'm sponsored by them, but the sponsorship came about via my appreciation for and extended work with their magazines, both for Beretta 92 and 1911. I've been running about 8 of their dry film 92 magazines literally for years, with some kept loaded literally for years (as part of my long-term testing protocol) and I've had zero spring issues.

It sounds like there may have been a bad batch of springs. Call them; it'll be speedily resolved. Please PM me if any assistance is needed.

Best, Jon

I can't speak to the Mec Gar Beretta mags, but I had about 20 of their mags for the 3rd gen S&W double stack 9mms. Their 17 and 20 round mags were superb. I had zero issues from them. We had dozens of officers buying those mags back when we carried the S&Ws, never heard any issues from any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by JonInWA View Post
    Check-Mate has a lifetime warranty on their magazines, which they're very genuine about-call them, and they'll make things right. I'm sponsored by them, but the sponsorship came about via my appreciation for and extended work with their magazines, both for Beretta 92 and 1911. I've been running about 8 of their dry film 92 magazines literally for years, with some kept loaded literally for years (as part of my long-term testing protocol) and I've had zero spring issues.

It sounds like there may have been a bad batch of springs. Call them; it'll be speedily resolved. Please PM me if any assistance is needed.

Jon: I tried the Check Mates on your recommendation here and as I said, mine have worked very well. I also have Mec-Gar's, but I like the Check Mate price and they seem to be fine magazines.

Best, Jon

I have no desire to waste any further time on Checkmate Beretta magazines and company intentions don't make my pistol function. All six of my new magazines exhibited the same problem, this is not a sample of one but a trend. Overall I think CMI makes a quality product as their 1911 mags are my go-to option. However, I have no reasonable expectation that new magazines will work any better than the current ones did. Therefore, it simply isn't worth my time to mess with it when other quality options are available.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Site Supporter
    How "flush fitting" are the 18 round MecGar's? The size of the baseplate on the 92A1 add's a bit of length.

Quote Originally Posted by Up1911Fan View Post
    How "flush fitting" are the 18 round MecGar's? The size of the baseplate on the 92A1 add's a bit of length.
    Here's one in place.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Another vote for the MecGars. Mine have been faultless for years. I have both the 18 rounders and an older polished blue 15 round mag. I have a 1 CMI 15 round mag for the SIG P226. It seems high quality but I won't be buying any more, it came with the pistol. With so many good options in Beretta magazines I see zero reasons to take a chance on Checkmate.
    Good options in Beretta Magazines:
    MecGar
    Beretta
    MDS [maybe a subsidiary of Beretta]

Quote Originally Posted by 1986s4 View Post
    Another vote for the MecGars. Mine have been faultless for years. I have both the 18 rounders and an older polished blue 15 round mag. I have a 1 CMI 15 round mag for the SIG P226. It seems high quality but I won't be buying any more, it came with the pistol. With so many good options in Beretta magazines I see zero reasons to take a chance on Checkmate.
    Good options in Beretta Magazines:
    MecGar
    Beretta
    MDS [maybe a subsidiary of Beretta]
    I understand what you are saying, but I don't think there is much downside in trying a considerably less expensive magazine for training--especially if you are bouncing them around a bit. I've done that enough with the Check-Mates that I'd be perfectly happy to use them for carry or HD (except for the fact that the Mec Gars hold a few more rounds).

Anyone have any experience with these MecGar 15 round mags with the org. flush style base plates? I've been wanting to try a few for carry duty. The thinner base plate, although a very small difference, may just add a little more comfort or conceal better.

User Tag List