Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Magazines

Not exactly the same mag but hopefully useful. I use the Mec Gar mags in my Shadow. Very very similar to the Beretta models. 10 000 rounds through the set of six (2x 19 round afc and 4x 17 round afc) since March. No issues at all.

Being the the gamer fag that I am , they do get cleaned if they touch the ground in matches , but they're never cleaned in practice.

I would not not hesitate to carry Mec Gars if I carried a Pizza Gun ,CZ or Sig. In fact I would choose them over factory.
    Last edited by BigT; 10-30-2015 at 03:05 PM.
    Welcome to Africa, bring a hardhat.

THE THIRST MUTILATOR Nephrology's Avatar
    are these the OEM PVD coated mags? Or is ACT-MAG not the OEM mag manufacturer?

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.ph...oducts_id=1588

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Nephrology View Post
    are these the OEM PVD coated mags? Or is ACT-MAG not the OEM mag manufacturer?

http://gregcotellc.com/cart/index.ph...oducts_id=1588
    I'm not sure who makes the OEM's for Beretta, but PVD isn't phosphate.

Vending Machine Operator
    I own two of the 18-round Mec-Gars and two of the 17-round 92A1 mags. I run the 17-round 92A1 mags in my 92FS for home defense. I use the Mec-Gars frequently for range work but I prefer the factory Beretta mags for defense. I also own 5 of the 15-round standard mags.

Never a problem with any of them. There are a lot of great mag options available for the 92-series.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Delta Busta Kappa fratboy Hot Sauce's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Jones View Post
    Is the following Fred's link?

Also, Sportsmans Depot has 18rd Mec-Gars for $14.99 (link was provided by someone in another thread here on PF):

http://www.sportsmans-depot.com/prod...M-MAG9218.html
    Damn it! PFers must have jumped on them quick, because they are all out of stock. Anyone else got a link for such a sweet low price?

I see that they are the same SKU, Tom. But this one is labeled as Beretta (original equipment) manufactured rather than Mec Gar. What gives? Is it because Mec Gar makes the factory magazines for Beretta?

Ah, I glossed over that part. Thanks for the clarification!

New factory 18 round Beretta magazines? These look very much like the 18 round Mec-Gars to me (which is a good thing). Wonder when these will appear stateside...some cool stuff appearing on the Beretta-Italy site lately.

Beretta 92 Series Magazine 18 Rounds 9mm # C8F672

Name:  C8F672-011.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  13.9 KB
    Name:  C8F672-021.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  12.6 KB
    Name:  C8F672-031.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  14.7 KB
    Name:  C8F672-04.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  13.1 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    At a recent match a partially spent 18 round McGar Beretta mag went inoperable after a drop, with a follower and remaining rounds stuck solidly mid - tube. Had to take it apart. First and only occurrence, just an FYI.
    Almost any high capacity magazine will do this if dropped in a partially loaded. It is common and not really an indicatory of reliability of the mag or the gun.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    New factory 18 round Beretta magazines? These look very much like the 18 round Mec-Gars to me (which is a good thing). Wonder when these will appear stateside...some cool stuff appearing on the Beretta-Italy site lately.

Beretta 92 Series Magazine 18 Rounds 9mm # C8F672

Name:  C8F672-011.jpg
Views: 596
Size:  13.9 KB
    Name:  C8F672-021.jpg
Views: 576
Size:  12.6 KB
    Name:  C8F672-031.jpg
Views: 574
Size:  14.7 KB
    Name:  C8F672-04.jpg
Views: 590
Size:  13.1 KB
    Those are MecGar magazines. You will see them coming in guns from the factory shortly. Also, the 15 round MecGar 92 Compact mags have a base plate made by Beretta owned MDC in Italy. They are finally working together to give us what we want. ;-)
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

User Tag List