Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Beretta 92 Magazines

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    Those are MecGar magazines. You will see them coming in guns from the factory shortly. Also, the 15 round MecGar 92 Compact mags have a base plate made by Beretta owned MDC in Italy. They are finally working together to give us what we want. ;-)
    That's outstanding. My experiences with the 17 round magazines were not positive - the 18 round Mec-Gars have been superior in every way. Glad they're listening!
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Sticking with the 15 rounder mags

I just stick with the original 15 round mags for my M9. I know there are Beretta mags with an increased capacity. To get more rounds in a mag there are 3 things that have to be modified: 1) Magazine spring, 2) Magazine follower, and finally, 3) Magazine body. I have no problem in a magazine designed for 17 rounds from the git go. If they work, great. And it seems like they do work. Just color me content with the 15s. And I like 7 round 1911 mags, although I do shoot some 8 rounders with no problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    That's outstanding. My experiences with the 17 round magazines were not positive - the 18 round Mec-Gars have been superior in every way. Glad they're listening!
    I believe that specific magazine is going to be for the 92X Performance.
    www.langdontactical.com
    Bellator,Doctus,Armatus

I’ll just note that in my experience the 18 round Mec-Gar is an all-around better magazine. I haven’t found the OEM 15 round magazines to be any more reliable or to demonstrate longer spring life. The Mec-Gars tend to be cheaper than OEM, easier to reload due to the taper, have a nicer finish, and higher capacity. There seems to be no drawback to the 18 rounders (except perhaps the difficulty ordering replacement components).

Do people trust the mecgar 20 round mags (18 +2)?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pastaslinger View Post
    Do people trust the mecgar 20 round mags (18 +2)?
    I do.

It might be just me, but while I've never had a reliability problem with the 20 rounders, I'm not too fond of them because of what they seem to do with the overall balance of the pistol. In addition, I've found the MecGar 18 rounders to be a bit resistant to that 18th round.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeep View Post
    It might be just me, but while I've never had a reliability problem with the 20 rounders, I'm not too fond of them because of what they seem to do with the overall balance of the pistol. In addition, I've found the MecGar 18 rounders to be a bit resistant to that 18th round.
    Not going to lie, I just use them as 17 rounders. Easier to load and seat them when the slide is shut that way .

Site Supporter
    <thread drift>
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt191145lover View Post
    Not going to lie, I just use them as 17 rounders. Easier to load and seat them when the slide is shut that way .
    FWIW, I do this with my double-stack reload mags, regardless of make, for the same reason.
    </thread drift>

Quote Originally Posted by LangdonTactical View Post
    I believe that specific magazine is going to be for the 92X Performance.
    Looks like they have a new 15 round magazine with an oversized bumper pad for the 92X Performance coming...new DLC finish?

Beretta 92X Performance Magazine 15 Rounds 9mm #C8F511

9mm 15 rounds capacity magazine with rubber pad for Beretta 92X Performance, cal 9mm. Features black DLC finish.

Last edited by JSGlock34; 09-19-2019 at 07:05 PM.

User Tag List