Page 2 of 18 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Bruce Gray VP9 Trigger Work.

Quote Originally Posted by DiscipulusArmorum View Post
    Here's a bit of explanation from Mr. Gray re: the above comments, and it looks like we'll hear more soon:

Post on Sigforum (My apologies if links to other forums are not allowed, just wanted to cite the source, not trying to promote another site)
    Posting from other forums is fine so long as the information is openly shared, as it is in this case. Interesting thread.
    #RESIST

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    What "OEM trigger bar spring bearing failure problem" ?

Yeah. I posted that exact query on the Sig Forum thread that mentioned it.

I'm beginning to wonder about Mr. Gray. I do not doubt his knowledge and experience. But I handled a Sig P320 the other day, and it struck me as… cheap. Heck, the slide was moving every time I pressed the trigger! And the trigger itself felt more rinky-dink than a stock Glock trigger, to me. Yet, in that afore-mentioined thread, Mr. Gray says pretty clearly that he thinks the P320 is a better pistol than the VP9.

Which makes me wonder… kind of like the time a gun mechanic that I had the highest confidence in told me that, "Glock is TEN times the gun that HK is!"

Uh… okay, bud, moving on here…

Mind you, I am not trying to venture into HKFanboyLand. I have them, like them better than the other brands I also own.

Anyway… this is a bit interesting, to say the least.

Personally I'm more intrigued by the chassis engineering of the 320 and the simplicity inherent.

What I've noticed from a few early adopters here and on a couple other forums with a lot of early adopters is that the variations in trigger pull quality is pretty apparent, as well as fit and finish in slide to frame assembly, some reset variations and trigger slap of all things (a phenom I have no familiarity with). I'm sure it'll work out to be a very nice striker fired option for many. But the dawn of a brave new world of service pistols; probably not.

It could get tricky for HK to have a complex design that they are trying to mass produce in larger quantities at a lower price point. It has appeared to me that conventional wisdom thought HK to be immune to QC problems that lesser companies battle.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

Quote Originally Posted by LSP972 View Post
    … kind of like the time a gun mechanic that I had the highest confidence in told me that, "Glock is TEN times the gun that HK is!"

Uh… okay, bud, moving on here…

Mind you, I am not trying to venture into HKFanboyLand. I have them, like them better than the other brands I also own.

Anyway… this is a bit interesting, to say the least.

That could be explained by someone that values different attributes than you may have assumed you shared. Simplicity is a valuable attribute in its own right for extended service life and maintenance for large fleets of guns.

A close friend who goes back and forth to AFG in a training capacity reports that they have 1100 G19s in service being used as training pistols year round and they get minimal maintenance or even cleaning and are just trouble free treated like the proverbial lawnmowers.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

I'm skeptical of the VP9 "issues" discovered, and will leave it at that. Yes, it is over complicated, but aren't all HK's?

Yes, I find it interesting that GGI folks find a VP9 over complicated. I mean this is a shop known for their P7M8 work that they seem to hold in a high regard. .

Re trigger bar spring, HK experts should correct me if I am wrong, but is it not a copy of a Mark23 design that passed all kind of torture tests?

YVK that is correct.

I think most people who are complaining about the VP9 being more complicated are comparing it to Glocks and the USP. Both have very simple designs. It's a new design, it's going to be different.

I still have yet to hear what this 'malfunction' is ... I hear a lot about these guns and this is the first I've ever heard of any problems.

No problems with my VP so far, other than wanting to burn up ammo I should be shooting in my P30 or sk...the VP is great, AFAIK, but I will be limiting it's ammo ration to the guns I carry and shoot the most....

Bruce Gray has always leaned heavily to the Sig side of the fence. Nothing new here.

I am struck by so many unusual things about the VP9.

1) how long it took HK to develop this pistol.

2) how powerful the HK brand is, that normally cautious folks gushed about this pistol as the ultimate striker with no long term experience with it. Conversely, how bad the Sig brand has fallen, that most of those same folks gushing about the VP9 assumed the 320 intro would be screwed up.

3) that after waiting decades for an HK with a good trigger, most people seem to prefer actually carrying their hammer model HK pistols.

4) that Bruce Gray refers to this part problem as if it is commonly known, and most haven't heard of it -- suggesting there is more to the story.

5) that the pistol HK marketed as having the best stock striker trigger ever, might need a big bucks trigger job.

6) that Gray Guns would develop a package making a pre-cocked, no thumb safety trigger even shorter and lighter.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

User Tag List