Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom IWB (not AIWB) holsters

Just ordered an IWB #1 for a Glock 19. Looks like I may be the first guy on P-F to try this model.

I finally received my APL a couple weeks ago and have been able to use the IWB #2 I posted pics of on the previous page. It's fantastic! I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to carry a pistol with light mounted IWB.

Quote Originally Posted by Clay View Post
    Just ordered an IWB #1 for a Glock 19. Looks like I may be the first guy on P-F to try this model.
    I've had one of the IWB#1 holsters with a 15 degree cant for a Glock 19 for a while. But I haven't really used it much. I found that it works well as long as I position the holster in the right spot. The front soft loop goes in front of the belt loop on my Levis located at 3 o'clock. When placed here, it works great and is extremely comfortable. If I move it back an inch or two, then it's not nearly as comfortable.

I have one of his IWB# 3 holsters with a 15 degree cant for an M&P Shield. This is my lounge around the house holster/gun combo. Great holster for this pistol.

I recently received one of his IWB #3 SL holsters with a 20 degree cant for a full size M&P9 (my issued duty pistol). When positioned correctly, it makes this gun disappear, even under a t-shirt.

I wish I could say that I have spent more time actually carrying Tony's IWB holsters, but I haven't. I need to hit the trail and loose a few pounds that have mysteriously appeared this fall and winter before I go back to IWB carry. I find that instead of using on of his IWB holsters, I seem to just grab my go-to holster which is the same model for either my Glock 19 or my M&P9c (one of these guns is my off-duty pistol, depending on my mood that week). I have one of Tony's OWB holsters with the low ride and 15 degree cant for both the Glock 19 and the M&P9c. I can easily forget I have a gun on when wearing wither one of these. And in the winter with layers, the OWB holster conceals just fine.

I do plan on using IWB carry more and more in the future. I can tell you that Tony from JM Custom has become my Go-To holster maker.

I've had a IWB #1 with 10° cant for about a week now toting a Bowie modded G19. I'm built for comfort, not speed. As Beat Trash said, with the right placement, it is very comfortable.
    Will be adding a 1911 holster soon.
    How can you govern a country which has two hundred and forty-six varieties of cheese?

Charles de Gaulle

I have 4 of the version 1 holsters. RH and LH for 5 inch 1911 and the same for a 5 inch M&P with a thumb safety. I have never used any of the other models so I do not really have any comparison to say the model 1 is better or worse than the others. Mine are 10 deg and mid length shields. They were all ordered mid-length but the lengths vary enough that some cover the thumb safety and some do not. The only thing I would do different would be to order them all with a full length shield and cut them to where I want after I had tried them out. Having the shield cover the end of the thumb safety makes them comfortable when doing some activities.

The pistol fit on mine are more consistent from holster to holster than any other kydex maker I have tried. I have purchased a holster from others to test with the first one being very good. Then order others and the fit not be even close to something that works. The JM holsters all fit well pistols well. I would / will buy from JM again.

Oopsssss

Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    I finally received my APL a couple weeks ago and have been able to use the IWB #2 I posted pics of on the previous page. It's fantastic! I'd recommend it to anyone wanting to carry a pistol with light mounted IWB.
    Pics with it on?

Quote Originally Posted by Beat Trash View Post
    I've had one of the IWB#1 holsters with a 15 degree cant for a Glock 19 for a while. But I haven't really used it much. I found that it works well as long as I position the holster in the right spot. The front soft loop goes in front of the belt loop on my Levis located at 3 o'clock. When placed here, it works great and is extremely comfortable. If I move it back an inch or two, then it's not nearly as comfortable.

I have one of his IWB# 3 holsters with a 15 degree cant for an M&P Shield. This is my lounge around the house holster/gun combo. Great holster for this pistol.

I recently received one of his IWB #3 SL holsters with a 20 degree cant for a full size M&P9 (my issued duty pistol). When positioned correctly, it makes this gun disappear, even under a t-shirt.

I wish I could say that I have spent more time actually carrying Tony's IWB holsters, but I haven't. I need to hit the trail and loose a few pounds that have mysteriously appeared this fall and winter before I go back to IWB carry. I find that instead of using on of his IWB holsters, I seem to just grab my go-to holster which is the same model for either my Glock 19 or my M&P9c (one of these guns is my off-duty pistol, depending on my mood that week). I have one of Tony's OWB holsters with the low ride and 15 degree cant for both the Glock 19 and the M&P9c. I can easily forget I have a gun on when wearing wither one of these. And in the winter with layers, the OWB holster conceals just fine.

I do plan on using IWB carry more and more in the future. I can tell you that Tony from JM Custom has become my Go-To holster maker.
    That's what I get for thinking I'd be the first anything on P-F.com.

Thanks everyone for the reviews. Looking forward to getting my #1.

I received a George AIWB from Tony last week. This is my fourth AIWB holster from Tony and I think I've found my favorite so far.

I'm considering ordering a Tricon carry package and using it as my IDPA set up. Tony makes great stuff. I've never received a poorly designed holster from him.
    “If you know the way broadly you will see it in everything." - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by breakingtime91 View Post
    Pics with it on?
    Hope this helps.

This last one looks a little odd with the angle and bulge because I had to contort myself to take the pic. It doesn't do that when I stand normally.

User Tag List