Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: JM Custom IWB (not AIWB) holsters

I received my JM IWB #1 today, almost exactly two months after being ordered. I've owned holsters from almost all the big name makers, in leather and Kydex, and I'd have to say Tony makes some of the best Kydex holsters available anywhere, at any price. Just top notch outstanding gear. This is my second JM holster, the first being a AWIB I bought used here on P-F.

For those looking for a Kydex version of a Sparks VMII or Watch Six style of holster, the Version One from Tony is THE answer. It takes up less real estate than the leather holsters that are similar in design, while still offering excellent stability and concealment, along with all the other benefits of Kydex. Excellent fit and finish, which is often overlooked with some Kydex makers.

Well worth the price and wait, thanks Tony!

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    Hope this helps.

This last one looks a little odd with the angle and bulge because I had to contort myself to take the pic. It doesn't do that when I stand normally.
    What is the cant on your holster?

Quote Originally Posted by Guinnessman View Post
    What is the cant on your holster?
    15. I haven't adjusted the straps.

I'm looking to order a pair of JMCK IWB holsters with pull the dot soft loops for a Glock 34 but having a bit of trouble deciding on which two I want. I'm going to get one for carry with an X300U and one for a slick pistol.

For the light bearing holster I'm stuck between the version 2 and 2.5 both with the 15-20 degree cant option.

For the slick pistol I'm looking at the IWB version 2 with 15-20 degree cant and the IWB version 3 SL with 20 degree cant.

The models with trailing wings (light bearing version 2 and IWB version 2) look more stable but I worry the wing may pinch or cause discomfort while seated. I'm also curious to know how the wings hold up to being sat on long term.

The models with loops directly attached to the holster (light bearing 2.5 and IWB Version 3 SL) body look like they may be more comfortable and lower profile but I'd like to know if they give up much in terms of concealment. Specifically keeping the grip tucked in.

Right now I'm leaning towards the light bearing Version 2 for carry with the X300U since the extra stability from the wing may be nice with the light attached. I'm leaning towards the IWB version 3 SL for the slick pistol to keep size and down.

Anyone got much hands on time with those models that could offer their thoughts on my concerns? Think I'mean on the right track with the two I'm leaning towards?
    Last edited by sparky-kb; 04-14-2015 at 05:17 PM.

I have been using an IWB V3 15 degree cant with clip for several months and it is the most comfortable well made IWB I have used. To be honest I was a little leary of the kydex clip at first, but have had NO issues with it yet. The reason I went with clips vs loops is the ability to quickly and easily put it on and take it off.

Reviewer of the Tools
    Just placed an order for a IWB V3 for my issue Glock 21 Gen 4. I have been looking for a better option for carrying it back and forth to work. I decided on the belt clip for easy on/off. Went with 20 degree cant, thicker kydex, and extra tuck due to size and weight of the gun. Was having a hard time deciding between this setup and a negative 10 degree cant to be carried AIWB. I carry my 19 in a JM V3 0 degree or an AIWB depending on whether or not I plan on having to take the gun off frequently.

Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    Just placed an order for a IWB V3 for my issue Glock 21 Gen 4. I have been looking for a better option for carrying it back and forth to work. I decided on the belt clip for easy on/off. Went with 20 degree cant, thicker kydex, and extra tuck due to size and weight of the gun. Was having a hard time deciding between this setup and a negative 10 degree cant to be carried AIWB. I carry my 19 in a JM V3 0 degree or an AIWB depending on whether or not I plan on having to take the gun off frequently.
    First I've heard of tuck for strong side IWB. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.
    #RESIST

Site Supporter
    It's a wedge that sits under the clip and belt line. You can see it here: http://www.jmcustomkydex.com/p/IWB3.html (2nd row of pictures, 2nd from the right).

I think it helps.

Reviewer of the Tools
    Quote Originally Posted by LittleLebowski View Post
    First I've heard of tuck for strong side IWB. Looking forward to hearing how you like it.
    Yeah I left that option on there in case I decide to switch it to a more neutral or even a negative cant carry instead, but may just leave it as is and see how it works. I have 8 to 9 weeks to think about it. I am sure that the holster will not disappoint regardless. I have been very happy with all the gear I have received from Tony in the past.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by El Cid View Post
    15. I haven't adjusted the straps.
    I just received my first OWB from Tony today, and I went with the 15 degree cant. After wearing it today, it is definitely the cant I will use on future purchases. Thanks again for the pics.

User Tag List