Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Android crew: you want this keyboard.

Android crew: you want this keyboard.

http://www.engadget.com/2011/07/14/s...tablets-we-go/

engadget loves it.

been using this for the past couple hours.

Prediction seems nearly bulletproof. Does really well with correct spacing and intuitively putting periods in the correct space.

$1.99 for today only, normally $3.99. I think ya'll should definitely check it out.

make sure you download 'Swiftkey X', not the old 'swiftkey' that has been out since January.
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

This looks great. I love how it automatically switches from Spanish to English.
    Praise be to the LORD my Rock,
    who trains my hands for war,
    my fingers for battle.
    -Psalm 144:1

Thanks for the link I just bought it!
    Chemist.

Pretty happy with the Gingerbread keyboard though I do have this one.
    #RESIST

I've been using Nuance's FlexT9 since it was first released, and I'm pretty happy with it overall. Only thing I wish they'd add is an option to shorten the hold duration needed for typing alternate characters (e.g., numbers).

Swiftkey for phones is free at the Amazon appstore today.

No excuse now yall.

sent via Android 3.1
    If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face - forever. -George Orwell

Down loaded and I have started using it. Like it so far.
    Scott
    Only Hits Count - The Faster the Hit the more it Counts!!!!!!; DELIVER THE SHOT!
    Stephen Hillier - "An amateur practices until he can do it right, a professional practices until he can't do it wrong."

We are diminished
    I ought to give this a try. If it works well enough, I still have time to switch from my Droid 3 (which I bought because of the physical keyboard) to something like a Thunderbolt.

Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    I ought to give this a try. If it works well enough, I still have time to switch from my Droid 3 (which I bought because of the physical keyboard) to something like a Thunderbolt.
    One advantage of the Thunderbolt is that it is already rooted. That means by following instructions on screen whilst you watch a "how to" video, you can root your Thunderbolt and remove all bloatware via a custom ROM.

However, the Droid 3 will be rooted soon enough and this keyboard may not replace the physical keyboard you already like. More tradeoffs are that the Thunderbolt has only 8 gigs on board of storage (comes with free micro SD card though) and is not dual core (not that it matters in my experience). The Thunderbolt is also 4g which is screaming fast. I mean, smoking fast.
    #RESIST

User Tag List