Page 60 of 76 FirstFirst ... 1050585960616270 ... LastLast

Thread: Clobb's Training Journal

Quote Originally Posted by Luke View Post
    That sucks clobb what about a red dot?
    Red dot????? Get your commie Open Div. ideas out of my thread!!!

01/05

10 minutes dry practice. Rebuilding an index kinda blows.

But, it went well and I think I will get there. Outside of dry fire I've also been practicing taking a sight picture with just my hands and closing my right eye.

At the end of the session just to test things I tried my old grip and closed my left eye. At the beep I brought the gun up reflexively to my left eye. That kinda surprised me but it was encouraging that I was building a subconscious index after only a few sessions.

The best part of the whole thing was seeing a crystal clear front sight and all the benefits that come with that.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 01-05-2017 at 10:12 PM.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

01/06

12 minutes dry practice. Bill drills. Index, index, index.
    "Next time somebody says USPSA or IPSC is all hosing, junk punch them." - Les Pepperoni
    --

01/02

2.5 hrs local range. Cold as hell.

Beretta PX4, 250 rounds UMC 124g.

I ran a FAST and then I got caught up on a couple DOTW's. As I stated earlier in this thread I have changed my shooting Eye and I worked hard to ingrain using it on the range.

FAST 1: 5.73+2H ( I shot this cold, have not shot in more than a month).
    FAST 2: 6.04 clean (with a badly botched reload)
    FAST 3: 8.58 clean (hands were cold and I actually dropped a mag on the reload)

The rest of my time was spent practicing on a swinger. I set up a partial stage where I hit the popper, transitioned to a target on the right and then back to the swinger as it was making it's first pass from behind the barrels. I used distances of 12 - 15 yards from the popper. Swinger was at about 7-10 yards. I needed to desperately practice live fire swingers and it went well. It all helps to build confidence at matches.

Pic of what I had to work with.

Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 01-08-2017 at 10:13 PM.
    --

What technique do you like to use for swingers?
    i used to wannabe

I like to trap them, unless I get trigger freeze, then all bets are off!
    --

I like that technique as well. I try to break the first shot just as it's slowing and that usually give me time for a good second shot. The ones that you have to hit at the top of the arch (like barrels on either side) are a little tricky, always need 1 pass per shot on those
    i used to wannabe

01/9-10

10 minutes of dry practice both days. Reloads, position entry, shooting while kneeling.
    --

01/11 - 01/12

I received my order from the Stoeger pro shop. Using the Ghost 360 mag pouches, bullet nose out.

Pretty sweet when you hit a reload with this pouch orientation. Need to ingrain it. Lots of work to do.

15 minutes of reloads today.
    --

1/13

15 minutes of reloads. Did a few El Prez drills.

Ben's dry fire targets are worth the cash. I set up all of them in my dry practice space, looks like a target bomb went off.
    Last edited by Clobbersaurus; 01-13-2017 at 10:39 PM.
    --

01/15

It's been a terrible weekend for dry practice. I injured my strong hand wrist somehow last week. I have no idea how I did it.

I had to work an unscheduled shift at one of our retail locations yesterday and ended up hurting it worse. I could only stand 5 minutes of dry fire. It's now in a wrist brace.

WHO until it gets better. I can't afford a long term injury right now.
    --

User Tag List