Page 8 of 40 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I miss my VP9 still. A highly regretted sell.
    That's why my pistol collection is in the triple digits.
    I never sell, hence no ragrets.

This stinkin thread has me dragging all my VP9's back out of the safe for a range trip today.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

I really enjoyed my vp9 and it shot very well for me.

The only reason I moved on was because their was no Gadget. If Tom ever created a Gadget for a vp9 i would run one.

The vp9 was a gun that all you needed was to add sights and shoot it.

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I really enjoyed my vp9 and it shot very well for me.

The only reason I moved on was because their was no Gadget. If Tom ever created a Gadget for a vp9 i would run one.
    Can't be done, it has a fully pre-cocked striker. The indicator it has now is the most that can be done with that design.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by GlockenSpiel View Post
    Can't be done, it has a fully pre-cocked striker. The indicator it has now is the most that can be done with that design.

I don’t want to drift this thread about the vp9 and peoples current updates with them... but,

How do you know? Just curious?

Last I heard Tom mentioned it could be done but it would not resemble how the Glock Gadget works. I believe their were other details but I rather not comment if I cannot remember correctly.

Plus the market for a vp9 Gadget would be very low or at the bottom of the list compared to other guns. I would think the only people who would buy them would be the people on p-f and maybe a few scattered around. HK Pro people are lost and clueless and are more interested in the stuff JodyH was talking about. Funny but sad. So I don’t ever foresee it being done. But I won’t say it can’t be done.

Back on topic, I always thought the vp9 would pair nicely with a dot to take advantage of the accuracy that is capable form the vp9s. Nice to see GJM putting them through their paces.
    Last edited by EVP; 02-20-2019 at 11:39 AM.

Yikes! 100 rounds fired through the VP9L kit today, two double feeds, two FTE numerous brass to the face… should I contact HK?

More HK malfunctions today then all my years of shooting them, combined!

Quote Originally Posted by EVP View Post
    I don’t want to drift this thread about the vp9 and peoples current updates with them... but,

How do you know? Just curious?

Last I heard Tom mentioned it could be done but it would not resemble how the Glock Gadget works. I believe their were other details but I rather not comment if I cannot remember correctly.

Plus the market for a vp9 Gadget would be very low or at the bottom of the list compared to other guns. I would think the only people who would buy them would be the people on p-f and maybe a few scattered around. HK Pro people are lost and clueless and are more interested in the stuff JodyH was talking about. Funny but sad. So I don’t ever foresee it being done. But I won’t say it can’t be done.
    You could probably make something analogous, but it would have to utilize the rearward motion of the trigger bar or some other component of the trigger assembly. It would probably also be a conversion requiring modification to the frame and/or slide as well, and I agree it would not be cost-effective.

If this kind of thing is off-topic I'd be happy to make a new topic.

Quote Originally Posted by jc000 View Post
    Yikes! 100 rounds fired through the VP9L kit today, two double feeds, two FTE numerous brass to the face… should I contact HK?

Sounds a lot like the early P30L reports.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

What type of ammo were you using? Other manufacturers long-slide models can be finicky with lower powered ammo. Maybe the VP9L has similar issues.

Other than the malfunctions, how was the accuracy?
    Last edited by MRW; 02-20-2019 at 02:24 PM.

Site Supporter

I would run nothing but 124 grain NATO for the first 500 rounds. If it chokes on NATO rounds, call HK.

Quote Originally Posted by MRW View Post
    What type of ammo were you using? Other manufacturers long-slide models can be finicky with lower powered ammo. Maybe the thr VP9L has similar issues.

Other than the malfunctions, how was the accuracy?
    Accuracy was pretty good. I haven't shot in months so wasn't expecting much. Didn't have the timer with me but was shooting controlled pairs and 10 round strings, maintained a fist-sized group at 7 yards. I thought the front sight tracked very well for me. POI was about 1.5" high using AE 115, looked like it was at POA (or closer to it) using S&B 115.

User Tag List