Page 6 of 41 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

I decided to install an EGW dovetail mount for a DP Pro on a VP9B, to serve as an additional back-up pistol, given my track record killing red dots. Sounded good in concept, but once I got it on, it was hideously high, and actually made an Acro seem petite.

Name:  DB687BA3-4932-4A4F-87FB-625D8A7F9C25.jpg
Views: 1983
Size:  68.3 KB

I quickly removed it and installed Night Fission sights on the slide and will check their zero later today. They seem like nice sights but the rear is sharper than I would prefer. Dimensions seem the same as OEM, and one idea is to combine an OEM tritium rear with the Night Fission front.
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Is there a (hopefully vetted) reduced/short reach trigger available for the VP9/VP9sk? My GoogleFu didn't find anything.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Is there a (hopefully vetted) reduced/short reach trigger available for the VP9/VP9sk? My GoogleFu didn't find anything.
    I am waiting on one, so no experience personally, but:

http://www.lazywolfguns.com/lwg-vp9-trigger.html

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I decided to install an EGW dovetail mount for a DP Pro on a VP9B, to serve as an additional back-up pistol, given my track record killing red dots. Sounded good in concept, but once I got it on, it was hideously high, and actually made an Acro seem petite.

Name:  DB687BA3-4932-4A4F-87FB-625D8A7F9C25.jpg
Views: 1983
Size:  68.3 KB

I quickly removed it and installed Night Fission sights on the slide and will check their zero later today. They seem like nice sights but the rear is sharper than I would prefer. Dimensions seem the same as OEM, and one idea is to combine an OEM tritium rear with the Night Fission front.
    I tried the same EGW unit on a P-09. It served its purpose as a RDS proof of concept but that’s about it. Too high to be useful beyond that
    David S.

Snagged one from the HKPRO group buy early this morning. Would’ve posted here but they achieved their 100 unit allocation
    Last edited by J0hnny; 02-14-2019 at 05:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by J0hnny View Post
    Snagged one from the HKPRO group buy early this morning. Would’ve posted here but they achieved their 100 unit allocation
    I snoozed on checking HK Pro every five minutes, and missed that group buy. Bought two for FFR direct from HK. I am enthused as I am optimistic the long slide will be a better optic host, just as I prefer a 34 for CO. Also a longer slide allows me to draw more aggressively.

Also, on the VP9 front, I installed the Trijicon fiber optics on one. They went right on with the MGW tool, which was a real advantage. Rear is nicely dehorned. Hope to shoot them tomorrow.

I snoozed on checking HK Pro every five minutes, and missed that group buy. Bought two for FFR direct from HK. I am enthused as I am optimistic the long slide will be a better optic host, just as I prefer a 34 for CO. Also a longer slide allows me to draw more aggressively.

Also, on the VP9 front, I installed the Trijicon fiber optics on one. They went right on with the MGW tool, which was a real advantage. Rear is nicely dehorned. Hope to shoot them tomorrow.
    Would you mind expanding on what you mean by a long slide allowing you to draw more aggressively? I could have sworn you preferred 19 size slides for optics.

This long slide VP9 looks like a blast to shoot! But at that kind of pricing for just the kit, I'm pretty sure I'll just wait for the entire gun to be available. I believe someone said they would be pretty soon.

Man my damn cat woke me up at 4am and demanded to be fed. I thought what the heck and checked their forum knowing that a group buy was pending. I lucked out and scored one of the last available. Looking back now I should’ve grabbed two. No tracking yet but I’ll post once received.

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Would you mind expanding on what you mean by a long slide allowing you to draw more aggressively? I could have sworn you preferred 19 size slides for optics.

This long slide VP9 looks like a blast to shoot! But at that kind of pricing for just the kit, I'm pretty sure I'll just wait for the entire gun to be available. I believe someone said they would be pretty soon.
    Sure, the longer barrel anchors in the holster better, and allows me to be more aggressive with my initial contact with the pistol. With a shorter barrel like a 19X, for example, I have to be more careful, which translates into a bit less draw speed.

User Tag List