Page 5 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

I have four VP9's and two VP9SK's - zero issues with round counts from 100 to 5000+.
    Three of my VP9's are still on the "old" 9mm recoil spring, my highest round count VP9 has the "new" universal 9/40 recoil spring.
    "For a moment he felt good about this. A moment or two later he felt bad about feeling good about it. Then he felt good about feeling bad about feeling good about it and, satisfied, drove on into the night."
    -- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy --

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    Not much to report really. I'm on my second fairly high round count VP9, which has over 30k through it. There was nothing wrong with the previous one, a buddy wanted it and I like new guns sometimes.

No parts breakage, no parts replacement. The gun has had some malfs, but they were clearly user induced. One was with a failure reload when a .380 case made it it through my 9mm loading process. A few more when I experimented with a home-brew uncaptured guide rod and lighter springs. And I can get it to malf occasionally if holding it upside down with thumb and forefinger and firing with my pinky. Other than those instances it is completely reliable to-date. It is routinely exposed to sand and fine dust, sometimes rain and snow, temperatures from -5 to 110. I like it. It shoots great.
    Since you shoot for HK what pistol(s) do you shoot in competition? And do you use HK for ccw/HD?

Quote Originally Posted by Balisong View Post
    Since you shoot for HK what pistol(s) do you shoot in competition? And do you use HK for ccw/HD?
    That same VP9. Both for competition and carry (unless I ate too much the day before, then I carry a shield.)

I also compete with an SP5K, but it's not really a pistol any more.
    TY83544

I am thinking of getting one again,milling it out, and putting a RMR on it. Seems like a great candidate for experimenting with a RMR. Of course I would not consider carrying it AIWB. The p30L would fullfill my carry needs.

It was a solid pistol, and I think what dampend things were people making it out to seem like it was more then it is. HK put a solid quality pistol that rivals the proven performers. It is another option for people to choose and HK people(not p-f peeps) seem to have been the worst detractors and without any quality merit.

Oh how silly the general gun buying public are...

VP9 with Lazy Wolf Guns treatment for competition. P30sk with 4.1 LEM for carry, got a TLR-7 coming to replace the TLR-3 for nightstand duty.
    IDPA : A454752
    USPSA : TY91150

I’ve got 10,000ish rounds spread over a few VP platform guns. The only issues I’ve had have been when magazines got dropped into thick mud / small gravelly sand that got packed in and wouldn’t let the follower move freely after I picked them up to reload / reset for another string. After cleaning them out they functioned fine. The pistols themselves have been boringly reliable. I cleaned one of mine once...at the 3000ish round mark before a class just for something to do. It probably didn’t really need it, seems like a little Slip will keep these things running for extended periods.

My poor VP9 hardly ever gets shot. I shot a couple matches with it, and decided I preferred the P30L instead.

That said, it’s run 100% since day 1, unlike the 30L.

I'm around 15k on my first VP9 which is relegated to training. My carry VP9 has < 2000. They run perfect.

Sent from my SM-G900R4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Talionis View Post
    That same VP9. Both for competition and carry (unless I ate too much the day before, then I carry a shield.)

I also compete with an SP5K, but it's not really a pistol any more.
    That's cool thanks for sharing (and you as well bpack325). I haven't tried a VP9 yet but my VP40 has impressed me. If Tom made gadgets for them they'd possibly be my EDC instead of the hammer fired HK offerings.

Vending Machine Operator
    I traded my VP9 for my CZ-75D PCR after about 1,000-1,500 rounds. Call it 1,200 as a pretty solid estimate. It definitely did a full case of 1,000 Winchester White Box 124-grain NATO without issue, and at least two boxes of Gold Dot 124+P.

I had no issues. It was a robustly built gun with excellent quality control. I chose to commit to the Glock system and since I already owned a G17G4 and G19G4 it was redundant.

Now that the PCR has proven not to fit my hand, I have trade remorse. Not enough to re-purchase, my Glocks continue to meet my striker 9mm needs, but my VP9 was nothing but solid. The accuracy, particularly, was excellent.

I chose the G17/19 over the VP9 because the VP's trigger was just slightly too sensitive for my taste when it came to a carry or home defense gun. That's my personal preference, not a remark as to the inherent safety of the gun, which I believe to be sound. Mine also did not exhibit striker drop if given the mallet treatment. Very, very fun range gun though, easy to put together fast and accurate strings. I believe the German police forces who recently adopted it as the SFP9 will be satisfied.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 02-22-2018 at 10:09 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

User Tag List