Page 36 of 41 FirstFirst ... 263435363738 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

The new Optics ready VP9SK… accompanied by a small portion of the now-legendary social media snark from HK. Nice to see it (the snark) back again.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Meh. Where is the slim 9, HK?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by hk45 View Post
    Meh. Where is the slim 9, HK?
    Most likely 1-2 years out.

They aren't fast with the trends or demands, but the guns tend to work for a reason.

I feel ya.

I've been hopeful HK would make an optics ready slide for the VP9SK. I'll be in line for one.

Quote Originally Posted by EdHKVP9 View Post
    I've been hopeful HK would make an optics ready slide for the VP9SK. I'll be in line for one.
    Me three. Well not for that God awful button variant though. Interesting choice for rear sights. No suppressor height jobbers, so just like plates, we will be buying new sights as well. Are they pushing for the Holosun solar unit??

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by omega9 View Post
    I put in a silencer co. threaded barrel in mine, no fitting required.
    I had done the same, and the chamber wasn't cut correctly. The rep I spoke with said they didn't make the barrels, a company he hadn't heard of did - and I had nothing but problems at a few matches with it until I put a finishing reamer through it. This was early 2021.

My understanding is they are phasing out the sales of barrels.

I recently had an opportunity to check out a VP9. I understand it was manufactured fairly recently, but it's hard to tell because HK has apparently discontinued stamping their date code on some pistols. It's a soft shooter, and very accurate.

Using @Doc_Glock 's "knock the butt against a bench" test (see below) I can make the striker fall without much effort, resulting in a dead trigger. A concern for a field or duty pistol.

Last edited by Mark D; 07-07-2022 at 02:05 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark D View Post
    Using @Doc_Glock 's "knock the butt against a bench" test (see below) I can make the striker fall without much effort, resulting in a dead trigger. A concern for a field or duty pistol.
    This is a fully cocked design I think so if there had been a round chambered it would have fired?
    Adam

I believe the VP9 like most later model pistols from the USP series on has a firing pin block that blocks the striker unless the trigger has been pulled, so I don't think that would have resulted in a discharge had a round been chambered.

Hammertime
    Quote Originally Posted by APS-PF View Post
    This is a fully cocked design I think so if there had been a round chambered it would have fired?
    Absolutely not.

User Tag List