Page 35 of 40 FirstFirst ... 253334353637 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    Wouldn't the CHPWS plates be thinner and make the BUIS sights more visible -- maybe a good thing for the SRO and not so good for the RMR?
    I have only been using the HK factory plates (which work very well indeed) but yes, the CHPWS plate would drop the SRO to right around RMR height.

I think you’re spot on. If you carry the SRO then it might be helpful. I don’t think it’s really necessary, though. I personally think it might be detrimental on the RMR- it’s fine at the standard height, but it would, I think, take up too much of the relatively smaller RMR window. So, perhaps the CHPWS thin aluminum plate for an SRO, but I definitely prefer the robust and well designed HK OEM plate for the RMR.

Here is mine with the C&H plate and the 508t.

Name:  58E1795E-D2FC-441A-87EE-5602EAC5F460_1_201_a.jpg
Views: 1356
Size:  41.8 KB

Name:  97B2D9E3-9F0C-40EE-B5BD-9807A26AB706.jpg
Views: 1327
Size:  18.7 KB
    www.hero911.org
    Hero911 when seconds save lives.

Are factory VP9 barrels drop-in fit? I was thinking of a threaded barrel for my VP9 to add some fractions of inches... to boost my 'ballistics' an extra half in or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Are factory VP9 barrels drop-in fit? I was thinking of a threaded barrel for my VP9 to add some fractions of inches... to boost my 'ballistics' an extra half in or so.
    I would assume so. My P30L threaded barrels were just drop-in.

I put in a silencer co. threaded barrel in mine, no fitting required.

Yes, totally drop-in. But still, very accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by omega9 View Post
    I put in a silencer co. threaded barrel in mine, no fitting required.
    Omega9, how is the accuracy of your SilencerCo barrel v HK factory barrel?

Quote Originally Posted by WRAM1 View Post
    Omega9, how is the accuracy of your SilencerCo barrel v HK factory barrel?
    It’s more accurate that I am for sure. I wouldn’t have any qualms about purchasing another one.

Comparing the two is a little difficult, I only had about 150 rounds through the VP9 before I installed a red dot and the Sico barrel. I also have a compensator on it so I can’t just swap barrels. Comparing it to my P30, I would say the accuracy is about the same, but I shoot the Sico VP9 more accurately at 25 yards. That’s probably due to the red dot though.

The inevitable sk or, unless this had been out and i missed/ forgot about it.

http://instagram.com/p/CYz1I10qo7Y/
    "...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Yes. I bought a threaded barrel for my VP9 and it went in and functioned with no issues.

User Tag List