Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

I'm with you guys. +1 on the paddle.
    The first indication a bad guy should have that I'm dangerous is when his
    disembodied soul is looking down at his own corpse wondering what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by LtDave View Post
    I'm with you guys. +1 on the paddle.
    I am delighted so many like the paddle as it means fewer bidders on GB for the button model.

Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

In this instance it is not about personal preferences. Procurement requirements have been written to specifically exclude paddle pistols from competing. Hk needed that option like 10 years ago.
    Doesn't read posts longer than two paragraphs.

Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    In this instance it is not about personal preferences. Procurement requirements have been written to specifically exclude paddle pistols from competing. Hk needed that option like 10 years ago.
    Unfortunately the paddle requirement is still a thing with the German agencies demanding it, apparently they were having issues with people pressing the mag release buttons in crowded areas and ending up without a mag on board out of nowhere. The mandate was for the paddles to be covered at all times by the holster, which is funny because practically every holster maker seems to want to leave them exposed (which is a recipe for disaster IMO, shame on them) for apparently little added function or value. Why would you ever need to depress magazine release while holstered?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    Why would you ever need to depress magazine release while holstered?
    Administrative reloading to minimize waving around the gun.

Let's say you're at a class or a qualification, you've just shot your string and want to put a fresh mag in. You can do a "tac reload" or you can holster, remove the partially empty mag with the gun in the holster and replace with a fresh mag. Or you're behind the firing line, realize you need to put a fresh mag in, but can't unholster the gun because you're behind the line.

Being able to replace mags without having to remove the gun from the holster is capability we all should have.

As to the paddle, I like it.
    " La rose est sans pourquoi, elle fleurit parce qu’elle fleurit ; Elle n’a souci d’elle-même, ne demande pas si on la voit. » Angelus Silesius
    "There are problems in this universe for which there are no answers." Paul Muad'dib

The mandate was for the paddles to be covered at all times by the holster, which is funny because practically every holster maker seems to want to leave them exposed (which is a recipe for disaster IMO, shame on them) for apparently little added function or value. Why would you ever need to depress magazine release while holstered?
    I know practically nothing about HK's, but have debated the covered verses uncovered mag release button on many holster threads over several forums.

While some may think a mag release covered by a holster sweat shield is the way to protect a mag release and prevent unintended release of the mag, it seems as if the overwhelming majority of accidental mag release presses are by a holster sweat shield rather than an uncovered mag release.

Duty holsters may be a different animal, but this seems to be the case with concealment holsters.

Unfortunately the paddle requirement is still a thing with the German agencies demanding it, apparently they were having issues with people pressing the mag release buttons in crowded areas and ending up without a mag on board out of nowhere. The mandate was for the paddles to be covered at all times by the holster, which is funny because practically every holster maker seems to want to leave them exposed (which is a recipe for disaster IMO, shame on them) for apparently little added function or value. Why would you ever need to depress magazine release while holstered?
    The paddles are visible with the pistol fully seated in Milt Sparks holsters for the P30, but the paddles cannot be depressed. The holster covers the lower front portion of the paddles and prevents any motion of the paddles. So at least one holster maker got it right. I am also a big fan of the paddles as I use my trigger finger to depress the paddle. My VP9 holster is unobtanium at the moment, so I cannot state if it is the same, but I expect it is.

I wonder how many stoppages have occurred after someone changed magazines with the pistol still in the holster, and didn’t fully seat the magazine?
    Likes pretty much everything in every caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I wonder how many stoppages have occurred after someone changed magazines with the pistol still in the holster, and didn’t fully seat the magazine?
    I vividly remember at least one, in the man v man shoot-off at the Tom Givens advanced instructor class. Not saying I would have won, but it sure didn’t help!

I like both magazine release systems.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    Administrative reloading to minimize waving around the gun.

Let's say you're at a class or a qualification, you've just shot your string and want to put a fresh mag in. You can do a "tac reload" or you can holster, remove the partially empty mag with the gun in the holster and replace with a fresh mag. Or you're behind the firing line, realize you need to put a fresh mag in, but can't unholster the gun because you're behind the line.

Being able to replace mags without having to remove the gun from the holster is capability we all should have.

As to the paddle, I like it.
    For a range holster, sure why not... but for any serious carry for personal protection I cannot get behind this idea at all. Are there ANY top instructors teaching this sort of reload in the holster?

User Tag List