Page 18 of 41 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028 ... LastLast

Thread: VP9 updates?

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I don't think many folks understand that H&K designs strictly for the Military & LE market, so there is pretty much little chance of seeing .380 anything from H&K... or single stacks in general for that matter. The fact that they sell to civilians only means they are offering their legal versions of military grade weaponry, the concealed carry market it not their main focus.
    Being the G19 is a huge seller to both Military and LE, a 15 shot G19 sized offering on their most recent designs (IE P30, VP9, NOT P2000) would seem reasonable. Agree, that there is no incentive given their market target structure to produce a .380.

Quote Originally Posted by Thy.Will.Be.Done View Post
    I don't think many folks understand that H&K designs strictly for the Military & LE market, so there is pretty much little chance of seeing .380 anything from H&K... or single stacks in general for that matter. The fact that they sell to civilians only means they are offering their legal versions of military grade weaponry, the concealed carry market it not their main focus.
    I still remember the HK4 and the P7K3. The latter was available in .22 LR, .32 ACP, and .380. The HK4 was available in those three calibers and also in .25 ACP. The "4" in the model number denotes the four cartridges for which the pistol was chambered. The P7 series was all single-stack until the P7M10 and P7M13.
    Last edited by farscott; 01-16-2020 at 12:20 PM.

"...we suffer more in imagination than in reality." Seneca, probably.

Quote Originally Posted by razzman1
    The magazine body is identical (save for the extra holes). The spring, follower and locking plate have been modified (the base plate too, but juuuust barely). An old spring will not fit on a new follower, but I suspect it would fit with some dremel work. The follower ant-tilt tab at the back is shorter, as is the overall follower. The very top of the spring is also narrower where it seats into the follower.

I don't see why they wouldn't do this with the entire line of magazines, which means it is likely that we will have factory 22 round magazines sometime soon!
    Source: https://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-handg...ml#post3635484

I wonder what drove HK to make these changes to the VP9. My best guess is better penetration of the LE market due to having something a bit closer to the mythical "Glock killer". I suspect we will see a revised "B" version aimed at US LE agencies.

I also am going to take a wait-and-see approach on the new magazines. The fifteen-round P30/VP9 magazines have been about perfect in my P30 samples with amazing durability, and I have to believe the extra two rounds in the same basic body have a performance price tag. I am used to downloading Glock 17 magazines, whereas the current P30 magazines do not require downloading.

Wonder if they’ll buy back old models currently on dealer shelves? Dead weight with the new model.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post
    Wonder if they’ll buy back old models currently on dealer shelves? Dead weight with the new model.

I highly doubt it. Distributors and retailers will just discount them like they always do when something is discontinued or updated. Many consumers are not savy enought to know or simply don’t care. 95% of pistols still don’t have optics on them and people can buy updated mags later. Atleast HK has done something like this once in the last ten years. Sig pulls this shit twice a quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigfan26 View Post

Hope not. I’m stuck with 10 round mags regardless and I’d love to pick one up deeply discounted 😬

Quote Originally Posted by Default.mp3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by razzman1
    The magazine body is identical (save for the extra holes). The spring, follower and locking plate have been modified (the base plate too, but juuuust barely). An old spring will not fit on a new follower, but I suspect it would fit with some dremel work. The follower ant-tilt tab at the back is shorter, as is the overall follower. The very top of the spring is also narrower where it seats into the follower.
    I've always applauded HK for their use of full size 15 round mags, much like I prefer a standard length tube 7 round 1911 mag over an 8 round version. With a standard length 7 round 1911 mag you get a better follower, better spring, and they are easier to seat with the slide forward compared to the 8 round counterpart.

I'll be interested to see if the new HK mags work as well as the 15 rounders and last as long.

Quote Originally Posted by call_me_ski View Post
    I highly doubt it. Distributors and retailers will just discount them like they always do when something is discontinued or updated. Many consumers are not savy enought to know or simply don’t care. 95% of pistols still don’t have optics on them and people can buy updated mags later. Atleast HK has done something like this once in the last ten years. Sig pulls this shit twice a quarter.
    I agree as my just-purchased NIB M700009-A5 VP9 (luminescent sights and two fifteen-round magazines) was $470 OTD.

User Tag List